This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Most Efficient Practice of Nearfield Measurements Inside a Car for Improving Acoustic Comfort
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 16, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A continuously growing demand comes from the automotive industry for optimization of materials and sound insulating products implementation inside the car, so as to propose the best acoustic performance at reduced costs.
The acoustical holography system dBVISION developed by 01dB Acoustics & Vibration provides part of the solution to such a demand. Its demonstrated capability of measuring the acoustic field inside a vehicle makes it an advanced tool for performing extensive studies of the acoustic transparency of car openings as well as wind tunnel measurements. The developed technique allows now for:
- 1-Detailed localization of noise sources or acoustic weakness points inside the vehicle,
- 2-Knowledge of the acoustic energy distribution on elementary surfaces (such as doors, windscreen, roof, sealing system, etc.),
- 3-Reconstruction of the energy radiated by elementary surfaces in order to predict the acoustic pressure at the driver's and passengers' ears,
- 4-Estimation of the acoustic incidence of local modifications on components of the tested car.
Technical background, together with the main features of this acoustical imaging system, will be exposed and the presentation will illustrate with practical examples how this fits to the project engineer process considering new acoustically driven design methods for a complete understanding and control of all components and systems involved in the car performance.
Citationde la Croix, D. and Isnard, N., "Most Efficient Practice of Nearfield Measurements Inside a Car for Improving Acoustic Comfort," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3481, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-3481.
- Maynard J. Williams E.G. Lee Y. Nearfield Acoustic Holography, Theory of generalised holography and development of NAH J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 78 o 4
- Veronesi W.A. Maynard J.D. Nearfield Acoustic Holography (NAH). II Holographic Reconstruction Algorithms and Computer Implementation, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 81 5 1307 1322 may 1987
- Garnier B. Molliex F. Vaucher D. The acoustic holography: from nice pictures… to effective applications ICA95 - 15 th International Congress on Acoustics Acoustical Society of Norway - IUPAP Trondheim, Norway 26-30 June 1995 4 55 60 NEWMAN M.
- Vaucher D. Webster D. Garnier B. Molliex F. MALICE, the efficient acoustical imaging system for precise noise localisation 5 th International Congress on Sound and Vibration Adelaîde, Australia Dec. 1997
- Vaucher D. Webster D. Garnier B. Molliex F. A new tool for sound proofing inspection: the SALSA system 5 th International Congress on Sound and Vibration Adelaîde, Australia Dec. 1997
- Garnier B. Vaucher D. Catalifaud J. Bondoux D. A new help for optimizing sound proofing packages: the SALSA system 4 th AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference/19 th AIAA Aeroacoustics Conference - AIAA/CEAS TOULOUSE 2-4 1998
- Vaucher D. Mulocher P. Catalifaud J. Demars JP. Florentz B. Perrin F. Holographie acoustique appliquée à des measures intérieures d'habitacle 3D SIA Conference LE MANS November 2000