This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Heat Management in a Sound Package Development
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 16, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Heat Management and Exterior Noise Levels reduction at passenger and commercial vehicles are major concern in every new product developments. In recent years, Research & Development Departments at OEMs (Original Equipment Manufactures) have been interested in new technologies to develop new concepts faster than in the past. As a result, this paper will show many challenges that NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) engineers face when developing a Sound Package Truck versus High Temperature Points. CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) analysis is the tool which will demonstrate how we get solutions in the project itself. Consequently, real cases and experiences will be mentioned in this matter. Furthermore, the subject will take into account a procedure which is a great way to reduce Development Costs, improve Safety and use technological advances that allow not only great achievements in Heat Transfer Analysis, but also new solutions which will accomplish new trends in NVH. Therefore, conclusions will present how CAE and NVH methods can be achieved, when it is conjugated simultaneously, improvements of financial results and CAE reliability predicting field results at durability approach.
CitationMartins, R., Pinto, M., Costa, E., Driemeier, L. et al., "Heat Management in a Sound Package Development," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3310, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-3310.
- Heat Transmission McAdams, H. William McGraw Hill 1954
- The evolution of the product development process by the strategic contribution of the Information Technology in the automaker Company SAE Paper 2003-01-3722 Clemente Rafael Pinto Márcio Gonçalves Nishida Roberto M. Filho João Antônio
- Cooling and Airflow Management Development for Trucks considering Pass-by Noise SAE Paper 2002-01-2224 Costa Edinilson Alves Pinto Márcio Gonçalves
- Pass-by Noise Analysis in a Commercial Vehicle Homologation SAE Paper 2003-01-3652 Martins Rogério Pinto Márcio Gonçalves Mendonça Carlos Magno Morais André Ribeiro
- CFD Approach on Underhood Thermal Management of Passenger Cars and Trucks SAE Paper 2003-01-3577 Costa Edinilson Alves
- On factors of Noise emitted by a small vehicle and noise level simulation of Pass-by test SAE Paper 1977-770011 Masuko Kaoru Abe Takeshi
- Use of CFD to support Heat Management CAE simulation SAE Paper 2003-01-3559 Morgado Luiz Vieira Driemeier Luciano Santos