This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Stability and Dynamical Behavior Study of a Wheelchair
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 16, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper studies the stability of a system and also its dynamical behavior during propulsion. The model was based on Newton-Euler-Jourdan equations. The resulting stability equation is general and establishes the velocity limit of the vehicle. This was modeled with propulsion on the back wheels and the steering on the front wheels. To establish the forces acting over the four wheels was used single-track model twice. It was determined equations for the transversal and longitudinal accelerations and for the rotation over the yaw axes of the vehicle. The contribution of this article is general equations for stability and dynamical behavior.
CitationLombardi, A. and Dedini, F., "Stability and Dynamical Behavior Study of a Wheelchair," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3297, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-3297.
- Lombardi, Arley de Barros Junior School of Mechanical Engineering - Unicamp - Campinas S.P, Brazil 200 2002
- Dvorznak, Michael J. Cooper, Rory A. O'Connor, Thomas J. Boninger, Michael L. Fitzgerald, Shirley G. “Kinematics comparison of Hybrid II test dummy to wheelchair user” Medical Engineering & Physics 23 2001 239 247
- Huston, J.C. et al. 1982 “Tree Wheeled Vehicle Dynamics” SAE Transaction 91 820139 591 604
- Chang, Chiang-Nan Lee, Tzong-Ting “Stability Analysis of Tree and Four Wheel Vehicles” JSME International Journal Serie III 33 4 1990
- Becker, Marcelo Estudos sobre Robôs de Locomoção School of Mechanical Engineering - Unicamp - Campinas S.P, Brazil 137 1997
- 56 1994
- Lombardi, Arley de Barros Junior Dedini, Franco Giuseppe “Modeling and Control of a Servo Assisted Wheelchair” Congresso Latino-Americano de Órgãos Artificiais e Biomaterias COLAOB 2001
- de Vries, Theo J.A. van Heteren, Corwin Huttenhuis, Louis “Modeling and Control of a Fast Moving, Highly Maneuverable Wheelchair” Proceedings of the International Biomechatronics workshop 110 115 19-21 April 1999
- Dallmeijer, A. J. et al. “Anaerobic power output and propulsion technique in spinal cord injured during wheelchair ergometry” Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development 1 2 120 128 1994
- Kulig, Kornelia Newsam, Craig J. Mulroy, Sara J. Rao, Sreesha Gronley, Joane K. Bontrager, Ernest L. Perry, Jacquelin “The effect of level of spinal cord injury on shoulder joint kinetics during manual wheelchair propulsion” Clinical Biomechanical 16 2001 744 751
- May, Laura A. Butt, Carla Minor, Linda Kolbinson, Karen Tulloch, Kathy “Measurement Reliability of Functional Tasks for Persons Who Self-Propel a Manual Wheelchair” Arch Phys Med Rehabil 84 April 2003
- Goosey-Tolfrey, Victoria L. Fowler, Neil E. Campbell, Ian G. Iwnicki, Simon D. “A kinetic analysis of trained wheelchair racers during two speeds of propulsion” Medical Engineering & Physics 23 2001 259 266
- Hughes, C. J. et al. Biomechanics of wheelchair propulsion as a function of seat posicion and user -to-chair interface Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 73 3 263 269 1992
- Becker, Marcelo School of Mechanical Engineering - Unicamp - Campinas S.P, Brazil 136 2000