This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Illumination and Signalling Devices: Functional and Durability Tests
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 16, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Since the rising of the automotive industry, the concern with the driving itself has been the main task of the developments, which have improved the safety-related vehicle systems, such as headlamps and signalling devices that have received significant investments in technology. The paper deals with some functional and durability tests applied to illumination and signalling devices used in the automotive industry. We describe some durability tests like: vibrations, sealing tests, vehicles tests, …… emphasizing the research regarding headlights internal pressure variations relative to the protection against adverse environmental conditions. Concerning functional tests we focus those related to Photometry and Colorimetry, using Psychophysical parameters and the CIE International System XYZ (Commission International de l'Eclairage).
CitationGalligani, C., Onusic, H., Cardin, R., and Specht, S., "Illumination and Signalling Devices: Functional and Durability Tests," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3255, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-3255.
- Fundamentos da Termodinâmica Sonntag R.E. Borgnakkee C. Edgar Blucker 1999
- While F.M. a McGraw Hill 1996
- Fox R.F. McDonald A.T. a LTC 1990
- Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers NY McGraw Hill 1999
- Handbook of Chemistry and Physics Lide D.R. Frederkse H.P.R. Boca Raton C&C 1998
- Human Color Perception Sheppard J.J. American Elsevier N York 1968
- Color in Business, Science and Industry Judd J.B. Wyszecki G. John Wiley N York 1963
- Color Science Wyszecki G. Stiles W. John Wiley NY 1968
- Onusic H. Mandic D. 36 11 1984 1917 21
- Onusic H. Instituto de Engenharia junho 91 67 81
- Onusic H. III 1 1986 65 74
- Onusic H. Douglas R.A. 58 2 1981 93 102
- Propagation of errors in chromaticity coefficients (x,y) obtained from Spectroradiometric Curves: Tristimulus Covariances Included Onusic H. Mandic D. Int'l Journal of Vehicle Design 10 1 1989 88 98
- International Light Guide: light measurement handbook 2000
- The Chemical Educator 3 4 Springer-Verlag N York 1998