This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Aeroengine Prognostics via Local Linear Smoothing, Filtering and Prediction
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 02, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Power Systems Conference
We propose a new method for local linear smoothing, filtering and prediction of noisy data. Its novelty consists in two of its steps: a sliding window filter that uses Student’s t-statistics to perform smoothing and filtering, and a trend change detection scheme that uses a convex hull construction to determine a change of slope or intercept of the local linear trend. The final linear trend detected is used for linear prediction and interval estimation. The application of the scheme to gas-turbine engine prognostics is presented.
|Technical Paper||Capacitive Sensing in an Automotive Environment|
|Technical Paper||CAA Application to Automobile Wind Throb Prevention Design|
|Technical Paper||42V PowerNet in Door Applications|
CitationAriyur, K. and Jelinek, J., "Aeroengine Prognostics via Local Linear Smoothing, Filtering and Prediction," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3160, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-3160.
- Gayme D., Menon S., Ball C., Mukavetz D. and Nwadiogbu E., “Fault Diagnosis in Gas Turbine Engines Using Fuzzy Logic”, in 2003 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 3756–3762, Washington DC, 2003.
- Khalak A., Hess A. J., “Modeling for Failure Prognosis in Coupled Systems”, in Proceedings of the 58th Meeting of the Society for Machinery Failure and Prevention Technology, pp. 450–458, Virginia Beach VA, April 2004.
- Montgomery D. C., Peck E. C., Vining G. G., Introduction to Linear Regression Analysis, 3rd Ed., John Wiley&Sons Inc., New York, 2001.
- Ripley B. D., Pattern Recognition and Neural Networks, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, England; 1996.
- Rockafellar R. T., Convex Analysis, Princeton University Press, Princeton, New Jersey; 1970.
- Simani S., Fantuzzi C., Patton R., Model-Based Fault Diagnosis in Dynamic Systems Using Identification Techniques, Springer Verlag, January 2003.
- Zarchan P., Musoff H., Fundamentals of Kalman Filtering: A Practical Approach, Progress in Aeronautics and Astronautics, Vol. 190, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2001.