This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Integration of Dynamic Models in Range Operations
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 02, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This work addresses various real-time model interactions in order to make an efficient Internet based decision support tool for Shuttle launches. This tool depends on launch commit criteria coupled with physics based models. Dynamic interaction between a wide variety of simulation applications and techniques, embedded algorithms, and data visualizations are needed to exploit the full potential of modeling and simulation. This paper also discusses web based 3-D graphics and its application to range safety. The advantages of this dynamic model integration are secure accessibility and distribution of real time information to other NASA centers in support of launch operations.
CitationBardina, J. and Thirumalainambi, R., "Integration of Dynamic Models in Range Operations," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3083, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-3083.
- Bardina, J. Rajkumar. T. 2003 “Intelligent launch and range operations Virtual test bed (ILRO-VTB)” Proceedings of SPIE Enabling technologies for simulation science 5091 141 148 Florida, USA
- Bennett, R. R. McDonald, A. J. 1999 “Local environmental and toxicity issues for rocket launching and testing”.” JANNAF 28 th propellant development and characterization subcommittee and 17 th safety and environmental protection subcommittee joint meeting 153 173 USA
- Beychok, R. M. 1995 Fundamentals of stack gas dispersion. USA
- Bigus, J. Bigus, J. 2001 Constructing Intelligent agents using Java. John Wiley and Inc. New York. USA
- Boyd, B.F. 1985 “Operational use of REEDM” Weather Squadron 2 nd Patrick Air Force Base Florida. USA
- FAA 1999 45 th Space wing/Patrick air force base launch site safety assessment. Licensing and Safety division Washington D.C. USA
- Hudson, J.M See; A.M. Philipson. L. L. 1999 “Launch Area Toxic Risk Analysis (LATRA): Risk management computer Program” JANNAF 28 th propellant development and characterization subcommittee and 17 th safety and environmental protection subcommittee joint meeting 183 191 USA
- Jensen. J; Townsend; G. Kork; J. Kraft. D. 1962 Design guide to Orbital Flight. McGraw Hill Co. USA
- Lengyel, E. 2004 Mathematics for 3D game programming and computer graphics Charles River Media Inc. Second Edition USA
- NASA 1988 Range safety 1102. Mission Directorate Flight analysis branch USA
- NRC 1998 Assessment of Exposure-Response functions for Rocket-Emission Toxicants. National Academy Press Washington D.C. USA
- NRC 2000 Streamlining Space Launch Range safety. National Academy Press Washington D.C. USA
- Rajkumar, T. Bardina. J. 2003 “Web-based Weather Expert System (WES) for Space Shuttle Launch” Proc. IEEE SMC 2003 Washington D.C. USA
- Watson, M. 1997 Intelligent: Java applications. Morgan Kaufmann publishers San Francisco. USA
- Yassi, A. 1998 Basic Environmental Health World Health Organization