This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Characteristics of Intermediate Products Generated During Diesel Combustion by Means of Total Gas Sampling
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 25, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
It is very significant to take the intermediate products in diesel combustion for understanding the generation of exhaust emissions like SOF, dry soot and so on. The products generated in a constant volume combustion chamber were sampled by pricking a sheet of polyester film installed in the chamber to freeze the chemical reaction. The gas was analyzed by a gas chromatography. The fuel used was n-heptane. It is able to explain the generation of exhaust emissions by the experimental results. The other objective is to simulate the intermediate products. It is capable of explaining the relation between the simulated and experimental results.
CitationFujimoto, H., Senda, J., Ito, T., Asao, S. et al., "Characteristics of Intermediate Products Generated During Diesel Combustion by Means of Total Gas Sampling," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-2923, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-2923.
SAE 2004 Transactions Journal of Fuels and Lubricants
Number: V113-4 ; Published: 2005-07-05
Number: V113-4 ; Published: 2005-07-05
- Kitamura, T., Senda, J., Fujimoto, H., Mechanism of Smokeless Diesel Combustion with Oxygenated Fuels Based on the Dependence of the Equivalence Ratio and Temperature on Soot Particle Formation, Int. J. Engine Research, Vol. 3, No. 4 (2002), pp. 223-248.
- Amsden, A. A., LA-13313-MS, 1997.
- Kee, R. J., Rupley, F. M., Miller, J. A., Chemkin-II: A FORTRAN Chemical Kinetics Package for the Analysis of Gas-Phase Chemical Kinetics, SAND 89-8009, (1989).
- Roblee, L. H. S. Jr., A Thechnique for Sampling Reaction Intermediates in a Rapid Compression Machine, Combustion & Flame, Vol. 5, pp. 229-234, (1961).
- Ishiyama, T., Miwa, K., et al., A Astudy on Ignition and Combustion of a Diesel Spray by Means of a Rapid Compression Machine, Proc. COMODIA 90, pp. 565-570, Kyoto, (1990).
- Fujimoto H., Tanabe, H., Sato, G. T., Investigation on Combustion in Medium-Speed Marine Diesel Engine using Model Chambers, Proc. 13th CIMAC (Vienna), D-25, pp.1-29, (1979)
- Fujimoto H., Sato, G. T., Ishii, Y., Endo, Y., Investigation on Combustion in Medium-Speed Marine Diesel Engine using Model Chambers, Proc. 12th CIMAC (Tokyo), B-23, pp.1853-1900, (1977).
- Siebers, D., Higgins, B., Pickett, L., Flame Lift-Off on Direct-Injection Diesel Fuel Jets: Oxygen Concentration Effects, SAE Paper, 2002-01-0890, (2002).
- Lewis, B., von Elbe, G., Combustion, Flames and Explosion, Academic Press (New York), (1963).
- Fujimoto, H., Matuzawa, T., Sato, G. T., Investigation on Combustion in a Diesel Engine using Constant Volume Combustion Chamber (3rd paper: Rate of Heat release), Bulletin of Marine Engineering Society in Japan, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp.333-342, (1979).
- Fujimoto, H., Sato, G. T., Investigation on Combustion in a Diesel Engine using Constant Volume Combustion Chamber (1st paper: Characteristics of Flames), Bulletin of Marine Engineering Society in Japan, Vol. 7, No.4, pp.309-322, (1979).
- Kuniyoshi, H., Fujimoto, H., et al., Investigation on the Characteristics of Diesel Fuel Spray, SAE Trans. Vol. 89, No. 800968, pp, 1-17 (1980).
- Cho, I. Y., Fujimoto, H., Kuniyoshi, H., Ha, J. Y., Tanabe, H., Sato, G. T., Similarity Law of Entrainment into Diesel Spray and Steady Spray, SAE Paper, No. 900447, (1990).
- Deck, J. E., A Conceptual Model of DI Diesel Combustion Based on Laser-Sheet Imaging, SAE Paper, No. 970873, (1997).
- Fujimoto, H., Tanaka, T., Ashida, A., Yeom, J. K., Senda, J., Flow Characteristics inside Liquid Phase in an Evaporating Spray by Means of PIV, Proc. 10th Symposium on Application of Laser Technique in Fluid Mechanics, No. 25-1 (CD ROM), Lisbon, (2000).