This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study of DSP-Based Measuring Technique of Jerk
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 04, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A DSP-based (digital-signal-processing-based) measuring technique of jerk is proposed in this paper. By analyzing the frequency characteristics of jerk, we design a low pass digital differentiator suitable for jerk measuring. The digital differentiator is a linear-phase FIR system, and has the advantages of low order, favorable low frequency performance and good suppression of upper band frequencies. A measuring device has been developed based on this measuring technique, and has been used in practical applications. The accuracy and stability of the measuring device have been verified by experiments, which also approved the good performance of our DSP-based measuring technique of jerk.
|Technical Paper||Fundamental Study of Jerk: Evaluation of Shift Quality and Ride Comfort|
|Technical Paper||Assessment of the Strain-Rate Dependent Tensile Properties of Automotive Sheet Steels|
|Technical Paper||Estimation of Engine NVH Variability|
CitationHuang, Q. and Wang, H., "Study of DSP-Based Measuring Technique of Jerk," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-2067, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-2067.
- SAE SAE J670e Vehicle Dynamics Terminology SAE Inc 1976
- Schot S H. Jerk: the time rate of change of acceleration Am J Phys 1978 46 (11) 1090 1094
- Shouren Zhou Automatic Gearbox Beijing China Railway Press 1984
- Fearnsides J J Hedrick J K Firouztash H Specification of Ride Quality Criteria for Transportation Systems: the State of the Art and a New Approach High Speed Ground Transportation Journal 1974 8 (2) 125 132
- Hedrick J K Ravera R J Anderes J R The Effect of Elevated Guideway Construction Tolerances on Vehicle Ride Quality ASME Journal of Dynamic System, Measurement and Control 1975 97 (4) 408 416
- Hrovat D Hubbard M Optimal Vehicle Suspensions Minimizing RMS Rattlespace, Sprung-Mass Acceleration and Jerk ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control 1981 103 228 236
- Anlin Ge Theory and Design of Vehicle Automatic Drive Beijing Mechanical Industry Press 1993
- Yamakado M Kadomukai Y A Jerk Sensor and Its Application to Vehicle Motion Control Systems Proc. of the 27 th International Symposium on Advanced Transportation Applications, Mechatronics & Super Computing 1994 139 146
- Tsuchiya T Yamakado M Ishii M, et al Fundamental Study on Vibration Control Using the Derivative of Acceleration ‘Jerk’ Sensor JSME International Journal, Series C (Mechanical System, Machine Elements and Manufacturing) 1998 41 (4) 786 791
- Fujiyoshi M Nonomura Y Arai F, et al A New Jerk Sensor with Viscous Coupling. International Symposium on Micromechatronics and Human Science IEEE 2002 219 222
- Faisal M Y Can E K David J N Measurement of noise characteristics of MEMS accelerometers Solid-State Electronics 2003 47 357 360
- Pintelon R Schoukens J Real-time integration and differentiation of analog signals by means of digital filtering IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas 1990 39 923 927
- Vainio O Renfors M Saramaki T Recursive implementation of FIR differentiators with optimum noise attenuation IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas 1997 46 1202 1207
- Guangshu Hu Digital Signal Processing - Theory, Algorithm and Implementation Beijing Tsinghua University Press 1997