This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Effects of CCD on Emissions from DISI Engine Using Different Fuel Distillation Properties
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 08, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Combustion chamber deposits (CCD) in wall-guided stratified charged direct injection spark ignition (DISI) engines affect combustion significantly because CCD may disturb the air-fuel mixture formation and, as a result, cause emission deterioration. For the design of engines and fuels, it is therefore important to determine the effects of CCD on emissions from DISI engines.
In this study, the effects of CCD on emissions from a DISI engine using different fuel distillation properties were investigated. The study results show that, during stratified charged operation, an increase in CCD increased the total hydrocarbon (THC) emissions under high speed conditions and the NOx emissions under the low speed conditions.
CitationWatanabe, M., Ichikawa, T., Hirose, M., Oyama, K. et al., "Effects of CCD on Emissions from DISI Engine Using Different Fuel Distillation Properties," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-1954, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-1954.
Direct Fuel Injection, Engine Diagnostics, and New Developments in Powertrain Triboligy, Cvt, Atf, and Fuel Economy
Number: SP-1891; Published: 2004-06-08
Number: SP-1891; Published: 2004-06-08
- Koike M. Saito A. Sawada D. Ishikawa Y. “A New Concept of Direct Injection SI Gasoline Engine - Part 1: Mixture Preparation Method,” JSAE, 9939596 1999
- Kanda M. Shimizu R. Kobayashi T. Matsushita S. Koike M. Saito A. “A New Concept of Direct Injection SI Gasoline Engine - The Second Report: Combustion Method and the Application,” JSAE, 9939604 1999
- Fujikawa T. Nomura Y. Hattori Y. “Analysis of Cycle-by-Cycle Variation in a Direct-Injection Gasoline Engine Using Laser-Induced Fluorescence Technique,” R&D Review of Toyota CRDL 36 4 2001
- Nomura Y. Miyagawa H. Fujikawa T. Tomoda T. Kubota M. Abe S. “Numerical Study of Mixture Formation and Combustion Processes in a Direct Injection Gasoline Engine with Fan-shaped Spray,” SAE paper 2001-01-0738 2001
- Noma K. Noda T. Ashida T. Kamioka R. Hosono K. Nishida T. Kameoka A. Koseki K. Watanabe M. Takahashi K. Koide S. Suzuki T. Fukui H. Hirose M. Ohta S. Notsuki Y. Tsuboi K. “A Study of Injector Deposits, Combustion Chamber Deposits (CCD) and Intake Valve Deposits (IVD) in Direct Injection Spark Ignition (DISI) Engines,” SAE Paper, 2002-01-2659 2002
- Noma K. Noda T. Isomura H. Ashida T. Kamioka R. Nishida T. Goto H. Kameoka A. Koseki K. Watanabe M. Seo M. Koide S. Tanakai E. Fukui H. Yamazaki Y. Ohta S. Notsuki Y. Tsuboi K. “A Study of Injector Deposits, Combustion Chamber Deposits (CCD) and Intake Valve Deposits (IVD) in Direct Injection Spark Ignition (DISI) Engines ll,” SAE Paper, 2003-01-3162 2003
- Sandquist H. Denbratt I. Ingemarsson A. Olsson J. “Influence of Fuel Volatility on Emissions and Combustion on a Direct Spark Ignition Engine,” SAE paper, 982701 1998
- Sandquist H. Lindgren R. Denbratt I. “Sources of Hydrocarbon Emissions from a Direct Injection Stratified Charge Spark Ignition Engine,” SAE paper, 2000-01-1906 2000
- Matthews R. Stovell C. Ashford M. Johnson B.E. Kirwan J. Larsen B. Ng H. “Effect of Fuel Parameters on Emissions from a Direct Injection Spark Ignition Engine During Constant Speed, Variable Load Tests,” SAE paper, 2000-01-1909 2000
- Hashimoto K. Taniguchi M. Arai M. Tamura M. -Effects of Fuel Properties on the Mixture Formation under the Stratified-Charge Combustion Condition of Direct-Injection Gasoline Engine,” SAE paper, 2001-01-3590 2001
- Kaiser E.W. Seigl W.O. Brehob D.D. Haghgooie M. “Engine-out Emissions from a Direct-Injection Spark-Ignition (DISI) Engine,” SAE paper, 1999-01-1529 1999