This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Displacement vs Flow Control in IC Engines Lubricating Pumps
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 08, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Scope of this work is to analyse potentials in terms of efficiency of two pump units belonging to two families: the first intervening on the maximum volume generated by variable volume chambers (e.g. a vane pump where eccentricity is varied), the second that changes the quantity of fluid being sucked or delivered (e.g. a gear pump with variable timing). In more detail the comparison will be established between a vane pump where displacement is varied through eccentricity and an internal gear pump of Gerotor type where flow rate is controlled through a rotating sector that alters the effective geometry of kidney ports. A detailed simulation of the two solutions brings to evidence the advantages of the first approach with respect to the second as confirmed by experimental investigations.
CitationMancò, S., Nervegna, N., Rundo, M., and Armenio, G., "Displacement vs Flow Control in IC Engines Lubricating Pumps," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-1602, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-1602.
- Rundo, M. Mancò, S. Nervegna, N. 15-18 Settembre 1998 1639 1650
- Mancò, S. Nervegna, N. Rundo, M. et al. “Gerotor Lubricating Oil Pump for IC Engines” SAE paper 982689 International Fall Fuels & Lubricants Meeting and Exposition Oct. 19-22 1998 San Francisco, CA USA SAE Transactions, Journal of Engines 1998
- Fabiani, M. Mancò, S. Nervegna, N. Rundo, M. “Modelling and Simulation of Gerotor Gearing in Lubricating Oil Pumps” SAE paper 1999-01-0626 1999 SAE International Congress and Exposition Detroit March 1-4 1999 SAE Transactions, Journal of Engines 1999
- Mancò, S. Nervegna, N. Rundo, M. “Variable flow internal gear pump” Proceedings of the 2001 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition New York 11-16 Nov 2001 1 12 0-7918-1942-6
- SHW http://www.shw.de
- Mancò, S. Nervegna, N. Rundo, M. “A Contribution to the Design of Hydraulic Lube Pumps” The International Journal of Fluid Power 3 1 21 31 April 2002
- Rundo, M. 8-12 settembre 2003 Italia
- Furno, F. Rundo, M. 8-12 settembre 2003 Italia
- Mancò, S. Nervegna, N. Rundo, M. Armenio, G. “Modelling and Simulation of Variable Displacement Vane Pumps for IC Engine Lubrication” SAE paper 2004-01-1601 2004 SAE International Congress and Exposition Detroit March 8-11 2004
- IMAGINE SA AMESim v. 4.1 Roanne, France