This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Revolution Control for Diesel Engines by Neural Networks
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 08, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The performance of various types of control systems for an electric governor of a diesel engine was examined. The amount of fuel injection of a diesel engine is usually controlled by an electric governor system in these decades, and a PID controller is installed for the electric governor. Even when the optimal parameters for PID controller are well tuned, it is difficult to keep constant rotation speed of the engine, because the applied load to generators may vary according to its running conditions. In this study, a neural network was applied to regulate the parameters in the PID controller for the axial-moving DC motor to control the amount of fuel injection. Experimental studies show that the parameter regulation system using neural network presented here showed good performance under various running conditions. Furthermore, it was shown that various types of training algorithms were applied to neural network control systems and their performance was compared.
CitationMitsuhashi, K., Tsuchiya, T., Morishita, S., Shiraishi, T. et al., "Revolution Control for Diesel Engines by Neural Networks," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-1361, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-1361.
- Tsuchiya, T. Enomoto, T. Yoshimura, M. Morishita, S. “Revolution Control for Diesel Engine by Neural Network” Proceedings of Dynamics and Design Conference JSME 2002
- JSAE Handbook on Automotive Engineering 2 1991 118 120
- Tsuchiya, T. Enomoto, T. Sasaki, H. Yoshimura, M. Morishita, S. “Revolution Control of Generator Diesel Engine by Neural Network Controller” SAE TECHNICAL PAPER SERIES, # 2003-01-0365 2003
- Den Hartog, J. P. Mechanical Vibrations Dover Pub. Inc. 1985 309 317
- Anderson, J. A. Rosenfield, E. Neurocomputing Foundation of Research, MIT Press 1988 675
- Chinmoy PAL Morishita, S “Dynamic System Identification by Neural Network Using Time Series Data” JSME International Journal 38 4 1995 686 692
- Narendra, K. S. Parthasarathy, K. “Adaptive Control of Nonlinear Multivariable System Using Neural Networks” IEEE Trans. on Neural Network 1 1 1990 4 27