This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Coordinating Control Oriented Research on Algorithm of Engine Torque Estimation for Parallel Hybrid Electric Powertrain System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 08, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The internal combustion engine and motor should be controlled coordinately to meet the demand of smooth power transfer and good drivability especially during transient conditions for parallel hybrid powertrain system. This paper presents the essential technology of how to estimate the engine torque by the measurement and processing of instantaneous crankshaft speed. One multi-injection gasoline engine and one turbocharged diesel engine are selected to manifest the algorithm of engine torque estimation and the experiments show fairly good results for both engines. Consequently an engine torque sensor can be easily calibrated and applied to feedback engine torque in coordinating control.
CitationYi, T., Jianqiu, L., Junzhi, Z., Fuyuan, Y. et al., "Coordinating Control Oriented Research on Algorithm of Engine Torque Estimation for Parallel Hybrid Electric Powertrain System," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-0424, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-0424.
- Sobel Jarl R. Jeremiasson Jan Wallin Christer Instantaneous Crankshaft Torque Measurement in Cars SAE 960040 147 155
- Drakunov Sergey Rizzoni Giorgio Wang Yue-Yun On-line Estimation of Indicated Torque in IC Engine Using Nonlinear Observers SAE 950840 1430 1437
- Wang Y-Y Krishnaswami V. Rizzoni G. Event-Based Estimation of Indicated torque for IC Engines Using Sliding-Mode Observers Control Engineering Practice 5 8 August 1997 1123 1129
- Cavina Nicolo Ponti Fabrizio Rizzoni Giorgio Fast Algorithm for On-Board Torque Estimation SAE 1999-01-0541 738 745
- Lee Byungho Rizzoni Giorgio Guezennec Yann Soliman Ahmed et al. Engine Control Using Torque Estimation SAE 2001-01-0995 1 13
- Rizzoni Giorgio Estimate of Indicated Torque from Crankshaft Speed Fluctuations: A Model for the Dynamic of the IC Engine IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology 38 3 168 179
- Jianqiu Li A Study on Cylinder-by-Cylinder Closed-Loop Control of Diesel Engines Tsinghua University 2000