This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Powertrain NVH Refinement
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 08, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Over the last decade, demands regarding noise and vibration performance of whole vehicle and, in particular, powertrain are steadily increasing as a consequence of continuous product growth.
This paper describes the NVH refinement for a new powertrain.
The main phenomena, we focused on throughout this work, are booming noise and “engine presence”.
Several solutions have been tested, in order to resolve one or both of these acoustical problems, and each of them is presented from the rough evaluation stage to the final tuning phase. The work mainly focused on the powertrain “structure”, i.e. to increase its stiffness, and on the crankshaft plus flywheel system.
|Technical Paper||How to Predict Powertrain Vibration at the Engine Mounting Points Under Running Conditions|
|Technical Paper||Dynamic Bending Stress Analysis of Power Train|
|Technical Paper||Drivetrain Noise and Vibration Troubleshooting|
CitationGrasso, C., Martorelli, M., Petrella, L., and Sbarbati, F., "Powertrain NVH Refinement," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-0400, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-0400.
- Ide Shoichiro et al., “Improvement of engine sounf quality through a new flywheel system flexiby mounted to the crankshaft”. International congress and exposition - Detroit, Michigan 1990 (paper SAE 900391).
- Nakada Teruo et al., “Excitation mechanism for engine vibration of half-order components”. JSAE review 17 (1996), 387-393.
- Aoki Hirofumi et al., “Effects of power plant vibration on sound quality in the passenger compartment during acceleration”. Paper SAE 870955.
- Albrightand M. F. Staffeld D. F., “Noise and vibration refinement of the Ford 3.8 liter powertrain”. Paper SAE 911073.
- Querengasser J., Meyer J., Wolschendorf J. and Nehl J., “NVH optimization of an in-line 4-cylinder powertrain”. Paper SAE 951294.