This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Low Cost Avionics for General Aviation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 18, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This work treats of a project aiming the construction of a virtual panel of instruments of a general aviation aircraft. In addition, it could be applied the other vehicles as automobiles, trucks and ships. This work follows the tendency of recent researches of NASA for interfaces between pilot and aircraft that will permit to the general aviation community access to modern multifunctional displays that will become the piloting easier and safer. This work consists in developing software for acquisition and visualization and in specification of an analogical/digital conversion card and low cost sensors that will be used to measure the variables related to the movement of the aircraft.
CitationBarros, J., Iscold, J., and Batista, A., "Low Cost Avionics for General Aviation," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-3696, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-3696.
- THOMPSON F. C., Dicionário Visual da Aviação, Dicionários Visuais, Verbo, Lisboa, 1993, p. 16
- PACIFIC COAST AVIONICS CORP., Product Catalog, PCA, Aurora, 2001, p. 76
- NASA, Advanced General Aviation Experiments-AGATE, Program homepage: agate.larc.nasa.gov, accessed in Feb./2000
- GUIMARÃES, A. A., Eletrônica Embarcada em Automóveis — Parte 1, Saber Eletrônica, Saber, São Paulo, v. 39, n. 363, Abril/2003, p. 40–43
- GUIMARÃES, A. A., Eletrônica Embarcada em Automóveis – Parte 2, Saber Eletrônica, Saber, São Paulo, v. 39, n. 364, Maio/2003, p. 20–24
- GUIMARÃES, A. A., Eletrônica Embarcada em Automóveis – Parte Final, Saber Eletrônica, Saber, São Paulo, v. 39, n. 365, Jun/2003, p. 18–22
- AXELSON, J., USB Complete, Lakeview Research, Madison, 1999, 396p.
- BRAGA, N. C., USB Universal Serial Bus, Saber Eletrônica, Saber, São Paulo, v. 36, n. 332, Set/2000, p. 9–13.
- SCHIAVONE, A. J., Military avionics fly off the shelf, Aerospace America, AIAA, Washington, D.C., Feb/1996, p. 28–32.
- PERNG, J., HOLLAR, S., FISCHER, B. and PISTER, K. S. J., Acceleration Sensing Glove, ISWC International Symposium on Wearable Computers, San Francisco 18–19th, 1999, 3p.
- CARUSO, M. J., Applications of Magnetic Sensors for Low Cost Compass, Honeywell Application Notes, homepage: www.honeywell.com, accessed in Set/2001
- MARSH, J. S. e SMITH, R. C. Computer holograms with a desktop calculator, American Journal of Physics, v. 44, n. 8, Aug/1976, p. 774–777.