This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Efficiency Analysis of Aircraft Maintenance Programs
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 08, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Advances in Aviation Safety
This paper considers the schedule reliability of commercial aircraft and how reliability relates to aircraft maintenance. The approach uses Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) to develop an empirical efficiency frontier for the maintenance – reliability relationship. Using data from Systems Difficulty Reports, efficiency indices are computed for aircraft maintenance for the major carriers in North America.
|Technical Paper||Improved Reliability in Transport Aircraft Hydraulic Systems|
|Aerospace Standard||Aircraft Indicating Systems|
|Technical Paper||Extended Range Operation of Twin-Engine Commercial Airplanes|
CitationMacLean, L., Larsson, S., and Richman, A., "An Efficiency Analysis of Aircraft Maintenance Programs," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-2978, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-2978.
- Ascher H. Feingold H. 1984 Repairable Systems Reliability: Modelling, Inference, Misconceptions and their Causes New York Marcel Dekker
- Aven Terje Uwe Jensen 1999 Stochastic Models in Reliability. New York Springer-Verlug
- AVITAS, Inc. Winter 1997 World Aviation Directory.
- Charnes A. Cooper W. Rhodes E. 1981 “Data Envelopment Analysis as an Approach for Evaluating Program and Managerial Efficiency - with an Illustrative Application to the Program Follow Through Experiment in US Public School Education” Management Science 27 668 97
- Cornwell C. Schmidt P. Sickles R.B. 1990 “Production Frontiers with Cross-Sectional and Time-Series Variation in Efficiency Levels” Journal of Econometrics 46
- Diewert W.T. 1992 “Fisher Ideal Output, Input, and Productivity Indices Revisited” The Journal of Productivity Analysis 3 211 248
- Dogramaci A. Fure R. 1988 “Applications of Modern Production Theory: Efficiency and Productivity” Kluwer Academic Publishers Boston
- Friend C.H. 1992 Aircraft Maintenance Management. Essex, England Longman Scientific and Technical
- Goloszewski Richard Bomberger E. 1986 “Measuring Differential Safety Performance Among Air Carriers” Transportation Research Forum 27 1
- MacLean L.C. Richman A. 1998 “The Efficiency of Aircraft Maintenance Programs” Handbook of Airline Finance. New York McGraw-Hill
- Tretheway Michael 1984 “An International Comparison of Airlines” Transportation Research Forum 25 1 34 43