This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Validation of SID2s Dummy FE-Model and Study of Relation between Design Parameter and Injury
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 27, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The accuracy of FE (Finite Element) side impact dummy characteristics is important when using FE vehicle model for vehicle development. This study evaluated the response characteristics of FE SID-lls dummy (5TH female) model that was developed by FTSS using FE code PAM-CRASH™. This paper will describe improvements of computational evaluation method and FE dummy model in the sled tests simulated interior. For the various impact conditions, good correlation between FE calculation and the sled test results was obtained.
CitationKobayashi, M., Matsuoka, Y., and Matsumoto, T., "Validation of SID2s Dummy FE-Model and Study of Relation between Design Parameter and Injury," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-2820, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-2820.
- INSURANCE INSTITUTE FOR HIGHWAY SAFETY “Side Impact Crashworthiness Evaluation Program Development, Status Report” October 2000
- INSURANCE INSTITUTE FOR HIGHWAY SAFETY “Side Impact Crashworthiness Evaluation Program Development, Status Report” October 2001
- FTSS “SID-lls Small Side Impact Crash Test Dummy USER'S MANUAL (DRAFT)” February 2001
- FTSS “PAM-CRASH model of the SID-lls dummy Version 0.1 Beta User Manual” March 2002
- Goto, Masaomi Uchimura, Takahiko Hisajima, Kazumi “RESPONSE CHARACTERISTICS OF VARIOUS SIDE IMPACT DUMMIES” ESV Paper No.354 may 2003