This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Texture and Formability in Aluminum Alloy Sheets
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 27, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Both the relation between recrystallization texture and anisotropic r-values and the correlation between the average r-value and limiting drawing ratio were investigated in mostly Al-Mg alloy sheets by changing various textures. Small amount of addition of iron to an Al-Mg alloy decreased cube orientation and increased R-orientation for cold rolled and annealed sheets. Such a textural change resulted in an increase of the average r-value. Warm rolling developed shear texture in the range from the sheet surface to a quarter thickness, and consequently led to a relatively high average r-value for the annealed sheets. It was also experimentally demonstrated that limiting drawing ratio increased with increasing average r-value. From these results, it is found that the existence of shear texture and the increase of R-orientation are effective in improving deep drawability.
- Hirofumi Inoue - Department of Metallurgy and Materials Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka Prefecture University, 1-1 Gakuen-cho, Sakai, Osaka 599-8531, Japan
- Takayuki Takasugi - Department of Metallurgy and Materials Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka Prefecture University, 1-1 Gakuen-cho, Sakai, Osaka 599-8531, Japan
CitationInoue, H. and Takasugi, T., "Texture and Formability in Aluminum Alloy Sheets," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-2777, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-2777.
- Lankford W.T. Snyder S.C. Bausher J.A. Trans. ASM 42 1950 1197
- Formability of Aluminium Alloy Sheets Metal Forming Section Japan Institute of Light Metals Tokyo 1985 30
- Uno T. Sumitomo Light Metal Technical Reports 42 2001 100
- Inoue H. Inakazu N. J. Japan Inst. Light Met. 44 1994 97
- Tanaka H. Ezaki H. Yamada K. Shibue K. Yoshida H. J. Japan Inst. Light Met. 52 2002 553
- Sakai T. Inagaki H. Saito Y. Proc. 12th Int. Conf. on Textures of Materials Szpunar J.A. NRC Research Press Ottawa 1999 1142
- Inoue H. Materia Japan 40 2001 589
- Dahms M. Bunge H.J. J. Appl. Cryst. 22 1989 439
- Inoue H. Inakazu N. J. Japan Inst. Met. 58 1994 892
- Logan R.W. Meuleman D.J. Hosford W.F. Formability and Metallurgical Structure Sachdev A.K. Embury J.D. The Metallurgical Society Warrendale, PA 1987 159
- Bunge H.J. Kristall und Technik 5 1970 145
- Inoue H. Takasugi T. Z. Metallkd. 92 2001 82
- Honneff H. Mecking H. Proc. 5th Int. Conf. on Textures of Materials Gottstein G. Lücke K. Springer-Verlag Berlin I 1978 265