Development of High Performance Seat Cushion PAD for Vehicle Vibration Absorption
Published October 27, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation of this paper is available
While driving, several of accelerations and vibrations are caused and affect human body. When the resonance frequency of seat crosses that of human body, large vertical vibrations affect human body and make it feel uncomfortable and boost tiredness. Therefore, in order to reduce and adsorb vibration from vehicles, it is necessary to improve the performance of seat cushion PAD itself. And so, we focused on the visco-elastic characteristic of polyurethane PAD and analyzed how and what they affect ride comfort. In addition, we consolidated improvement method by the polyurethane materials and developed high performance seat cushion PAD.
CitationMurata, Y., Kayukawa, T., Takagi, D., Sasaki, T. et al., "Development of High Performance Seat Cushion PAD for Vehicle Vibration Absorption," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-2762, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-2762.
- KamijoK., Jidoushagijyutsu, 36(12), 1305-1310 (1982)
- IwasakiS., YmanoiT., Jidoushagijyutsu, 42(11), 1403-1408 (1988)
- HattaK., UenoY., NagashimaT., Ningenkougaku, 23(3), 173-180 (1987)
- Jidoushagijyutukai shinpenjidoushakougakubinran 2
- TOYOTAY., WADAH., SASAKIT.: New Generation PREMINOL for Dynamically Comfortable Automotive Seating Foams, Polyurethanes EXPO '99