This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
New Creation Method of Class-A Surface Model of Autobody
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 27, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In general smoothing and evaluating an autobody outer surface is very difficult for autobody designers, but it is a very important requirement in autobody design. This paper reviewed a lot relevant researches, expressed the definition of autobody Class-A surface, and presented a new method for modeling. Finally some design examples were demonstrated.
|Technical Paper||Effects of Low Ethylene Levels on USU-Apogee and Super-Dwarf Wheat|
|Technical Paper||Polymorphic Modeling Applied to Vehicle Thermal Management|
|Technical Paper||FIPES: Facility for Integrated Planetary Exploration Simulation|
CitationMa, T., Yi, L., and Lan, F., "New Creation Method of Class-A Surface Model of Autobody," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-2735, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-2735.
- Shi F., CAGD & NURBS, Beijing A&A Press, 1994
- Zhu X., Modeling Technology of free shape, Science Press: Beijing, 2000
- Dong H., Application of Surface Matching in Autobody Outer Panel Formation, Forge Machine, 1998, 6
- Dassault System, CATIA V5 Online Document, 2002
- CATIA User Group: http://www.coe.org
- Dimas E. and Briassoulis D., 3D geometric modeling based on NURBS: a review, Advances in Engineering Software, Volume 30, Issues 9-11, 11 September 1999, Pages 741-751