This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Model of an Engine Lubrication Circuit including Predictive Bearing Components
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 19, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes the predictive modeling and simulation of a V6 complete lubrication circuit. For this purpose, a library of lumped hydrodynamic bearing models developed in the AMESim® simulation environment was used. The main assumptions of the modeling environment and the key aspects of the circuit are first described. Then, the different steps of this steady-state network analysis are presented, starting from the circuit CAD description up to its validation by available experimental measurements. Since the simulation results show good agreement with tests results, a transient behavior and thermal aspects could be introduced in a next model analysis. The interest of this work is to evaluate the feasibility of this technique on a well-known system in order to gain confidence and expertise for future and on going similar developments.
|Technical Paper||Different Simulation Models of Connecting Rod Hydrodynamic Bearing|
|Technical Paper||LONGITUDINAL EFFORT IN CRANKSHAFT|
|Technical Paper||Setup of a 1D Model for Simulating Dynamic Behaviour of External Gear Pumps|
CitationHonel, B., Meillier, R., Brix, F., Noda, Y. et al., "Model of an Engine Lubrication Circuit including Predictive Bearing Components," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1965, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-1965.
- Imagine S.A. ‘Hydraulic Resistance Library User Manual: AMESim ® Version 4.0’ march 2002
- Idel'cik I.E. Handbook of Hydraulic Resistance 3rd Begell House Inc. 1996
- Miller D.S. Internal Flow systems 2nd Amazon Technology 1989
- Booker J.F. ‘Dynamically Loaded Journal Bearings: Mobility Method of Solution’ Trans. ASME Journal of Basic Engineering Sept. 1965 537 546
- Mian M.A. ‘Design and Analysis of Engine Lubrication Systems’ SAE paper 970637 219 227 Ricardo Consulting Engineers Ltd.
- Martin F.A. ‘Feed Pressure Flow in Plain Journal Bearings’ ASLE Transactions July 1983 381 392
- Dubois G.B. Ocvirk F.W. ‘Analytical and Experimental Evaluation of Short-Bearing Approximation for Full Journal Bearings’ NACA report 1157 1953 1199 1230
- Nanua P. ‘Applications of AMESim® in Transmission systems analysis’ GM Powertrain 2 nd AMESim ® users conference Paris 2002