This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Use of Acoustical Holography for Efficient 3D Measurement in Car Interiors
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 05, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A continuously growing demand comes from the automotive industry for optimization of materials and sound insulating product packaging inside the car, so as to propose the best acoustic performance at reduced costs.
A new acoustical holography system provides part of the solution to meet such a demand. The capability of measuring the acoustic field inside a vehicle with high spatial resolution makes it an advanced tool for performing extensive studies of the acoustic transparency of car openings and interior components in various environmental conditions (acoustic chamber, on road, in wind tunnel). The method allows for:
- Detailed localization of noise sources or leaks,
- Knowledge of the acoustic energy distribution on elementary surfaces (such as doors, windscreen, roof, sealing components, …),
- Reconstruction of the energy radiated by elementary surfaces in order to predict the acoustic pressure at driver's and passengers' ears,
- Introduction of local modifications on subsystems and components in order to predict their effect on the acoustic field.
In conjunction with some numerical prediction methods, this technique will allow to apply integrated acoustic engineering design methods for a complete understanding and control of the large variety of components and systems involved in the car performance.
CitationCrewe, A., Perrin, F., Vaucher de la Croix, D., and Chevret, P., "Use of Acoustical Holography for Efficient 3D Measurement in Car Interiors," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1683, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-1683.
- Maynard J. Williams E.G. Lee Y. Nearfield Acoustic Holography, Theory of generalised holography and development of NAH J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 78 4
- Veronesi W.A. Maynard J.D. Nearfield Acoustic Holography (NAH). II. Holographic Reconstruction Algorithms and Computer Implementation J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 81 5 1307 1322 may 1987
- Garnier B. Molliex F. Vaucher D. The acoustic holography: from nice pictures… to effective applications ICA95 - 15 th International Congress on Acoustics, Acoustical Society of Norway - IUPAP Trondheim, Norway 26-30 June 1995 4 55 60 NEWMAN M.
- Vaucher D. Webster D. Garnier B. Molliex F. MALICE, the efficient acoustical imaging system for precise noise localisation 5 th International Congress on Sound and Vibration Adelaîde, Australia Dec. 1997
- Vaucher D. Webster D. Garnier B. Molliex F. A new tool for sound proofing inspection: the SALSA system 5 th International Congress on Sound and Vibration Adelaîde, Australia Dec. 1997
- Garnier B. Vaucher D. Catalifaud J. Bondoux D. A new help for optimizing sound proofing packages: the SALSA system 4 th AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference/19 th AIAA Aeroacoustics Conference - AIAA/CEAS TOULOUSE 2-4 juin 1998
- Vaucher D. Mulocher P. Catalifaud J. Demars JP. Florentz B. Perrin F. SIA Conference LE MANS November 2000