This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design Kit for Accessory Drives (DKAD): Dynamic Analysis of Serpentine Belt Drives
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 05, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
DKAD is an automated analysis tool for evaluating dynamic characteristics of accessory drives. Rotation response analysis predicts natural frequencies and effects of crankshaft excitation. Lateral response of each belt span shows the effect of pulley run-out and parametric excitation. DKAD systematically allows a user to define a design and its operating conditions and then performs a sequence of analysis to visualize the rotational and lateral responses. It also allows a user to quickly explore and assess alternative designs. Belt layout and associated parameters can be saved in templates for future reference.
CitationSandhu, J., Wehrly, M., Perkins, N., and Ma, Z., "Design Kit for Accessory Drives (DKAD): Dynamic Analysis of Serpentine Belt Drives," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1661, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-1661.
- Ma, Z.-D. Perkins, N. User Mannual for DKAD 2002
- Mote, C. D., Jr. “A Study of Band Saw Vibrations” Journal of the Franklin Institute 279 6 1965 430 444
- Mockensturm, E. M. Perkins, N. C. Ulsoy, A. G. “Stability and Limit Cycles of Parametrically Excited, Axially Moving Strings” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics 118 July 1996 346 351
- Barker, C. R. Oliver, L. R. Breig, W. F. 1991 “Dynamic Analysis of Belt Drive Tension Forces during Rapid Engine Acceleration” SAE Peper No. 910687
- Hwang, S. -J. Perkins, N. C. Ulsoy, A. G. Meckstroth, R. J. “Rotational Response and Slip Prediction of Serpentine Belt Drive Systems” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics 116 1 71 78
- Leamy, M. J. Perkins, N. C. “Nonlinear Periodic Response of Engine Accessory Drives with Dry Friction Tensioners” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics 120 October 1998 909 916
- Sandhu, J. S. Wehrly, M. K. Resh, W. F. Rose, B. A. “An Investigation of Rotational Response of Accessory Drive Serpentine Belt System” 2001 SAE Noise & Vibration Conference