This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Lab-to-Lab Correlation for Tire Noise Load Cases
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 05, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper presented a correlation work between the GM and Goodyear acoustical laboratories to determine the tire noise load cases used for vehicle tire noise allocation and high-frequency airborne noise analysis. A large group of tires with different sizes were tested in the two labs to examine the lab-to-lab load cases differences in terms of near-field sound intensity and far-field sound power. A good agreement was found for the noise ranking between the two labs by 1/3 octave band and overall A-weighted sound intensity and sound power. The correction factors could be determined from one lab to another as well as from the near-field sound intensity to the far-field sound power. The discrepancies were investigated by comparing the two fixtures and two dyno shell profiles. The differences in 1/3 octave band sound measurement between the two labs were found to be contributed mainly by the shell profiles.
|Journal Article||Challenges for Tire Noise Evaluation on Common Pavements|
|Technical Paper||Identification of Tire Vibrations|
|Journal Article||Improved Model for Coupled Structural-Acoustic Modes of Tires|
CitationZhu, J., Roggenkamp, T., and Yan, D., "Lab-to-Lab Correlation for Tire Noise Load Cases," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1533, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-1533.
- Hendricx Wim “Experimental Determination of the Noise Emitting Parts of a Rotating Tire in the European Research Project TINO” LMS Paper 99NV-154
- Schuhmacher A. “On the Use of Inverse BEM for Deriving Equivalent Acoustic Source Models” Proceeding of Inter-Noise 2002 Dearborn, MI August 2002
- Donavan, P. R. “Tire/Pavement Interaction Noise under Vehicle Operating Conditions of Cruise and Acceleration” SAE paper 931276 Traverse City, MI May 1993
- Donavan P. R. Oswald L. J. “The Identification and Quantification of Truck Tire Noise Sources under On-Road Operating Conditions” Proceeding of Inter-Noise 80 New York, NY December 1980
- American National Standard “Precision Methods for the Determination of Sound Power Levels of Noise Sources in Anechoic and Hemi-Anechoic Rooms” ANSI S12.35-1990