This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
New Zinc Phosphate Treatment Technologies for Automotive in 21st Century
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 03, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Zinc phosphating is used around the world as a pre-treatment on auto bodies. Throughout the 20th century, the required corrosion resistance for auto bodies has been satisfied by the technologies used in body structure, substrate materials, zinc phosphating treatment, paint and subsidiary corrosion resistance materials, which are sealer, adhesive and wax etc. and zinc phosphating technology played the primary role in corrosion prevention. As we enter the 21st century, the social environment surrounding the automobile is undergoing a revolution as society becomes focused on the environmental impact of automobiles. Furthermore, demands for shorter processes and cost reductions continue to increase. In this paper, we introduce new zinc phosphate technology which satisfies the recent demands of auto makers and discuss the anticipated trends in zinc phosphating technology.
|Technical Paper||Automotive Corrosion Protection Practices in Europe|
|Technical Paper||Corrosion Resistance of 0-15% Ni-Zn Alloy Electroplated Coatings|
|Technical Paper||Design Criteria for the Dent Resistance of Auto Body Panels|
- Tadashi Matsushita - Central Research Laboratories, Nihon Parkerizing Co., Ltd.
- Toshiyuki Aishima - Central Research Laboratories, Nihon Parkerizing Co., Ltd.
- Masato Washizu - Central Research Laboratories, Nihon Parkerizing Co., Ltd.
- Yuko Takanashi - Central Research Laboratories, Nihon Parkerizing Co., Ltd.
CitationMatsushita, T., Aishima, T., Washizu, M., and Takanashi, Y., "New Zinc Phosphate Treatment Technologies for Automotive in 21st Century," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1242, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-1242.
- Lorin Guy PHOSPHATING OF METALS Finishing Publications Ltd. 1974
- Freeman D.B. Phosphating and metal pre-treatment Woodhead-Faulkner Ltd. 1986
- Rausch Werner THE PHOSPHATING OF METALS Finishing Publications Ltd. 1990
- Nagashima Y. Ishii H. Yoshida A. Nagae H. The 4 th Pacific Coating Forum 1997
- Miyawaki T. Okita H. Umehara S. Okabe M. Proceeding of Interfinish 80 303 1980
- Kobayashi N. Kogyo Toso 37 6 2002
- Kojima R. Recycling of Phosphating sludge Nihon Parkerizing Technical Report 7 1994
- Nakayama T. Shimoda K. Takagi Y. Matsushita T. Development of Liquid Surface Conditioner SAE Technical Paper Series, 2001-01-0645
- Tsubaki S. Proceeding of 2 nd Japan Coating Technology Association Seminar 2002