This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Springback Study on a Stamped Fender Outer
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 03, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Springback study on a Dodge Ram fender outer panel is detailed in this paper. A simple measurement fixture is designed for the panel, wherein non-contact laser scan technology is applied The measurement data are compared with the original CAD design surface and deviation contour maps are obtained. Consistency of measurement is studied at different sections among three samples. Details of FEA simulations are outlined. The comparison between measurement and simulation prediction is summarized. A method to describe the consistency of measurement and the accuracy of simulation prediction is proposed. The targets for measurement consistency and simulation accuracy are verified. A sensitivity analysis is also performed to investigate various simulation input parameters.
|Technical Paper||Evolution of Instrument Panels Made of Polypropylene|
|Technical Paper||Body Optimization for Front Loading Design Process|
|Technical Paper||CAE Approach for Thermal-Acoustical Protective Shields|
CitationHu, Y., Zhang, L., and An, J., "Springback Study on a Stamped Fender Outer," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0685, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-0685.
- Makinouchi A. Nakamachi E. Onate E. Wagoner R. H. “NUMISHEET'93 2nd International Conference Numerical Simulation of 3-D Sheet Metal Forming Processes - Verification of Simulation with Experiment” Isehara, Japan 31 August 2 September 1993
- Lee J. K. Kinzel G. L. Wagoner R. H. “NUMISHEET'96 3rd International Conference: Numerical Simulation of 3-D Sheet Metal Forming Processes - Verification of Simulations with Experiments” Dearborn, MI, USA Sept. 29 Oct. 3 1996
- Gelin J. C. Picart P. “NUMISHEET'99 The 4th International Conference and Workshop on Numerical Simulation of 3D Sheet Forming Processes” Besancon, France Sept. 13 Sept. 17 1999
- Hu Yang Du Changqing Hu Hao Chen Jizhou “A Springback Study on Three Rail Type Panels” International Body Engineering Conference September 1999 Cobo Center, Detroit, Michigan, USA.
- Hu Yang An Jian Zhang Li “Progress Update on Springback Studies on a Dodge Ram Fender Outer and a Chrysler Aluminum Decklid Inner” Presentation at POST-SPP project offsite meeting March 2002
- Hu Yang “Springback Studies on Pacifica Aluminum Hoods” Stamping Technology department ASME DaimlerChrysler Sept. 2001
- Hu Yang “Simulating the Die Gap Effect on Springback Behavior in Stamping Processes” SAE 2000 Cobo Center, Detroit, Michigan, USA