This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Development of an Advanced Control Method for the Steer-by-Wire System to Improve the Vehicle Maneuverability and Stability
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 03, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the advanced control method for the SBW (Steer-by-Wire) system to improve the vehicle maneuverability and stability. In this paper, the steering wheel motor control for improvement of the driver's steering-feel is designed to change the steering-feel according to vehicle velocity and steering angle. The steering wheel motor controller creates approximately same steering-feel of the commercial power steering system and also improves driver's steering-feel as the vehicle state by using steering wheel reactive torque map. In the front wheel motor control algorithm, understeer and oversteer propensity are used as effective factors for controlling the vehicle's maneuverability and stability. As a result, vehicle yaw rate and lateral acceleration could be controlled.
CitationOh, S., Yun, S., Chae, H., Jang, S. et al., "The Development of an Advanced Control Method for the Steer-by-Wire System to Improve the Vehicle Maneuverability and Stability," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0578, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-0578.
- Oh Se-Wook Park Tong-Jin Han Chang-Soo “The Design of a Controller for the Steer-by-Wire System,” FISITA 2002 World Automotive Congress 2002
- Oh Se-Wook Park Tong-Jin Jang Jae-Ho Jang Seok-Hwan Han Chang-Soo “Electronic Control Unit for the Stter-by-Wire System Using a Hardware-In-the-Loop-Simulation System,” FISITA 2002 World Automotive Congress 2002
- Park Tong-Jin Oh Se-Wook Jang Jae-Ho Han Chang-Soo “The Design of a Controller for the Steer-by-Wire System Using the Hardware-In-the -Loop -Simulation System,” Proceedings of the 2002 SAE automotive Dynamics Stability conference 305 310
- Kim Ji-Hoon Song Jae-Bok 2002 “Control logic for an electric power steering system using assist motor,” Mechatronics
- Segawa Masaya Nakano Shiro Nishihara Osamu Kumamoto Hiromitsu 2001 “Vehicle stability control strategy for steer by wire system,” JSAE Review 22 383 388
- Hayama Ryouhei Nishizaki Katsutoshi “The vehicle stability Control Responsibility Improvement Using Steer-by-Wire,” Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium 2000
- Amberkar Sanket Joseph G. D' Ambrosio Murray Brian T. “A system-Safety Process For By-Wire Automotive Systems,” SAE international Congress paper 2000-07-1056 2000
- Segel Leonard 1998 “On the Lateral Stability and Control of the Automobile as Influenced by the Dynamic of the Steering System,” ASME 65WA/MD-2