This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Numerical Simulation to Improve Engine Control During Tip-In Manoeuvres
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 03, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The potential of numerical simulation in the analysis of the dynamic transient response of a vehicle during tip-in manoeuvres has been evaluated.
The dynamic behavior of the driveline of a typical European gasoline car was analyzed under a sharp throttle input. A one-dimensional fluid dynamic model of the engine was realized for the simulation of the input torque; afterwards, it was coupled with a driveline and vehicle model implemented in Matlab-Simulink environment.
After a detailed validation process based on several sets of experimental data, the engine and vehicle coupled simulation was used to evaluate different control strategies during tip-in manoeuvres aiming to enhance the vehicle driveability.
CitationMillo, F., Ferraro, C., Mallamo, F., and Pilo, L., "Numerical Simulation to Improve Engine Control During Tip-In Manoeuvres," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0374, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-0374.
- Schoeggl, P. Koegler, H. M. Gschweitl, K. Kokal, H. Williams, P. Hulak, K. “Automated EMS Calibration using Objective Driveability Assessment and Computer Aided Optimization Methods” SAE Paper 2002-01-0849 2002
- List, H. O. Schoeggl, P. “Objective Evaluation of Vehicle Driveability” SAE Paper 980204 1998
- Capitani, R. Delogu, M. Pilo, L. “Analysis of the influence of a vehicle's driveline dynamic behaviour regarding the performance perception at low frequencies” SAE Paper 2001-01-3333 2001
- Gamma Technologies Inc. “GT-POWER User's Manual” 2000
- Keribar, R. Ciesla, C. R. Morel, T “Engine/Powertrain/Vehicle Modeling Tool Applicable to all Stages of the Design Process” SAE Paper 2000-01-0934 2000
- Millo, F. Ferraro, C.V. Pilo, L. “A Contribution to Engine and Vehicle Performance Prediction” SAE Paper 2000-01-1266 2000
- Capitani, R. Citti, P. Delogu, M. Pilo, L. “Experimental validation of a driveline numerical model for the study of vibrational comfort of a vehicle” Proceedings of the 2000 ISATA Conference 2000
- Zegelaar, P.W.A. Pacejka, H.B. “The in Plane Dynamics of Tyres on Uneven Roads” Vehicle system dynamics, 14 th IAVSD Symposium of Vehicles on Roads and Tracks Ann Arbor, USA 21-25 August 1995
- Scalet Bert, A. 2002