This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Static and Quasi-Static Test Procedures of Piston Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 19, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This work compares procedures specified on standard ISO-1585 applicable to piston engine bench dynamometer, with two quasi-static procedures. The first one is based on maintain constant the engine rotation and the load during 1 minute and then modified the work conditions. This procedure results in a step test when using a continuous data acquisition system. The other one is based on change the engine rotation and load continuously during the test, in a way that load and rotation stay ever on PID equilibrium. This allow, during one season, acquire hundred of engine operating condition points. The objective is to demonstrate that these tests procedures accomplish the Brazilian standard and they don't introduce news mistakes. The advantage of these procedures is to reduce the time required to execute engine test. Other advantage is allowing the process automation. Power curves are shown for a four cylinders in line, 1300 cm3, 16 valves engine measured following the three procedures. The results showed the equivalence between the static and quasi-static test procedures.
CitationBarros, J., Rodrigues, V., and Valle, R., "Static and Quasi-Static Test Procedures of Piston Engines," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-3541, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-3541.
- PLINT, M. MARTY, A. 1999 “Engine Testing Theory and Practice” SAE International 2a Warrendale, USA 363
- Jun 1996 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 26
- 1998 2a Brazil
- AVL 1999 “AVL PUMA - Basic Functions” 1998 Graz, Austria
- BARROS, J. E. M. VALLE, R. M. BARROS, C. P. E FIGUEIREDO, R. D. 1999 “Projeto de Banco de Ensaio de Motor Aeronáutico” Anais do IV Congreso Iberoamericano de Ingenieria Mecanica 23-26 Nov. 1999 3 Santiago de Chile, Chile 9
- BARROS, J. E. M. E CARVALHO, M. A. M. 1990 1990 São José dos Campos, Brazil 6
- MAUER, G. F. 1991 “On-line determination of available torque in internal combustion engines” International Congress and Exposition Detroit, MI, USA 1991 Feb 25 Mar 1 SAE Technical Paper Series SAE Paper 910855 SAE Warrendale, PA, USA 6
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 8