This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Real Case of Powertrain Mounting Design for Trucks
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 19, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the method applied in the development of an optimized powertrain mounting assembly for a Light Truck Diesel or Pick-up application. The focus of this optimization is to improve the vibration insulation and consequently improve the NVH (Noise and Vibration Harshness) quality of the vehicle. The paper describes the basic mounting design and manufacturing constraint, the simulation modeling basis, inputs required to perform the computational simulation, the experimental work required, also the method used to determine the center of gravity and rotational inertia of the powertrain and a general mounting tuning strategy. The experimental results for an optimized version are also presented and compared to the original one.
|Technical Paper||Passive Noise Reduction Possibilities for Trucks|
|Technical Paper||Investigating the Fatique Strength of Commercial-Vehicle Clutches|
|Technical Paper||Practical Experiences with Devices for Damping Torsional Vibrations|
CitationGonçalves Pinto, M., Zavala, P., Perseguim, O., Clemente, R. et al., "The Real Case of Powertrain Mounting Design for Trucks," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-3508, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-3508.
- Stuecklschwaiger, W. Ronacher, A. “Optimization of Engine Mount Parameters by Simulation and Statistic Techniques” European ADAMS Users Conference 1994
- Zavala, P. A. G. Pavanello, R. “Vibro-Acoustic Modeling of Vehicle Interiors and Exteriors Using the Finite Element Method” SAE Brazil Congress 1998
- Pinto, M. G. Nogueira, F. Siqueira, L. P. “Development of a Simplified Procedure for the Determination of the Mechanical Properties of Heavy Trucks Engine Mounting Systems and Their Effect on Comfort and NVH” SAE Brazil Congress 1999
- Meriam, J. L. Kraige, L. G. “Dynamics - Engineering Mechanics - Volume II” Second John Wiley and Sons 1987
- Zavala, P. Pinto M G. “Powerrain Mounting Development Based on Computational Simulation and Experimental Verification Method SAE Noise and Vibration Congress & Exhibition Traverse City 2001