This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dynamics of Epicyclic Gear Trains
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 19, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Epicyclic gear trains are important part of automotive transmissions. They are present in automatic transmissions and in differentials of most vehicles. The dynamic behavior of a single epicyclic gear is well known, and this study presents the results obtained based in a model of a complete transmission. Initially the Wilson gearbox is presented. The main principles of the model are described. Following, the results of a simulation using the model are shown. Finally, the influence of the inertias in the model are presented and it is done some discussion about it
|Technical Paper||Easy Shifting Beyond Synchromesh Technology|
|Technical Paper||Efficiency of Split-Way CVT's. A simplified model|
|Technical Paper||Dynamics of Transmissions Using Epicyclic Gear Trains|
Citationde Morais, R. and Dedini, F., "Dynamics of Epicyclic Gear Trains," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-3495, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-3495.
- Kahraman A., 1994, Planetary gear dynamics. Journal of Mechanical Design, 116, 713-720;
- Amaral D., 2000, Metodologia, sistematização e seleção de projetos de transmissão epicloidais com um e dois TEPs ligados, Campinas, PhD Thesis;
- Morais, R. F. & Dedini, F. G., 2001 Dynamics of transmissioks using epicyclic gear trains, SAE Paper 2001-01-3903, São Paulo;
- Morais, R. F. & Dedini, F. G., 2002, A study of the dynamic behaviour of transmissions sets using epicyclic gear trains, Proc. of IFToMM 6th Int. Conf. on Rotor Dynamics, Sydney, Australia, to be published;
- Doughty S., 1988, Mechanics of machines. John Wiley & Sons;