This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Application of the Confidence Level Concept in Reliability Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 19, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The purpose of this software we developed was to make na analyses of the quality of mechanical components using reliability calculus. The computer program is a powerful tool, for it deals with failure tests, commonly used in practice to obtain the mean life, which is a fundamental parameter in advanced techniques of maintenance.
Moreover, the work intends to make accessible concepts related to the reliability of systems and components in Mechanic Engineering, making possible a better understanding and familiarity. The subject is of great application in the great industries and projects with high levels of precision and security.
What will determine the satisfaction of the customer after a component, and in consequence, its retention is the performance of its technique characteristics in the period of its life. The reliability, then, appears as a tool capable to define the probability that then product will play its functions foreseen for a period of time, under specific conditions of operation. How many products fail in its basic characteristics causing innumerable problems to the users and to the community?
Thus, it is necessary to guarantee these basic aspects of the reliability through the analyses of the results generated by the software: the value of the probability, the time of use and therefore, the quality of the product.
CitationCavalca, K. and Cintra, G., "Application of the Confidence Level Concept in Reliability Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-3415, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-3415.
- Dedini F.G. Cavalca K.L.
- Pompas - Smith J.H. “Mechanical Survive - The use of reliability data” McGraw Hill London 1973
- Lewis, E. E. “Introduction to Reliability Engineering” 2nd New York John Wiley & Sons Inc. 1996
- Doty L. A. “Reliability for the technologies” Quality Press Book New York 1989
- Filho, V. B. Edgard Blücher Ltda São Paulo 1997
- Werkema M.C.C. et al 4 1996
- Drumond B. F. “Análise de variância: comparação de várias situações” 6 1996
- Freitas M.A. et al 12 1997
- Ramakumar R. “Engineering Reliability - fundamentals and applications” Prentice Hall International New Jersey 1993