This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Detailed Synchronous Machine Model
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 29, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Power Systems Conference
A synchronous machine model is set forth that simultaneously incorporates magnetizing path saturation, leakage saturation, and transfer function representations of the rotor circuits. A parameter identification procedure consisting of voltage step tests as well as standstill frequency response tests is described. The model's predictions are validated using the Naval Combat Survivability Generation and Propulsion test bed.
CitationAliprantis, D., Kuhn, B., Sudhoff, S., and McCoy, T., "A Detailed Synchronous Machine Model," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-3205, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-3205.
- Krause P. C. Wasynczuk O. Sudhoff S. D. Analysis of Electric Machinery New York IEEE Press, 1995
- Power System Engineering and Electric Machinery Committees of the IEEE Power Engineering Society Dandeno P. L. IEEE Std 1110-1991—Guide for Synchronous Generator Modeling Practices in Stability Analyses. IEEE 1991
- Canay I. M. “Causes of discrepancies on calculation of rotor quantities and exact equivalent diagrams of the synchronous machine.” IEEE Trans. Power App. Syst. 88 7 1114 1120 July 1969
- Canay I. M. “Physical significance of sub-subtransient quantities in dynamic behaviour of synchronous machines.” IEE Proa, Part B 135 6 334 340 November 1988
- Schulz R. P. Jones W. D. Ewart D. N. “Dynamic models of turbine generators derived from solid rotor equivalent circuits.” IEEE Trans. Power App. Syst. 92 3 926 933 May/June 1973
- Bissig H. Reichert K. Kulig T. S. “Modelling and identification of synchronous machines, a new approach with an extended frequency range.” IEEE Trans. Energy Conv. 8 2 263 271 June 1993
- Verbeeck J. Pintelon R. Guillaume P. “Determination of synchronous machine parameters using network synthesis techniques.” IEEE Trans. Energy Conv. 14 3 310 314 September 1999
- Slemon G. R. “Analytical models for saturated synchronous machines.” IEEE Trans. Power App. Syst. 90 2 409 417 March/April 1971
- de Mello F. P. Hannett L. N. “Representation of saturation in synchronous machines.” IEEE Trans. Power Syst. 1 4 8 18 November 1986
- Harley R. G. Limebeer D. J. N. Chirricozzi E. “Comparative study of saturation methods in synchronous machine models.” IEE Proc. 127 1 1 7 January 1980
- Brown J. E. Kovács K. P. Vas P. “A method of including the effects of main flux path saturation in the generalized equations of A.C. machines.” IEEE Trans. Power App. Syst. 102 1 96 103 January 1983
- Tahan S.-A. Kamwa I. “A two-factor saturation model for synchronous machines with multiple rotor circuits.” IEEE Trans. Energy Conv. 10 4 609 616 December 1995
- Electric Machinery Committee of the IEEE Power Engineering Society Dandeno P. L. IEEE Std 115-1995—IEEE Guide: Test Procedures for Synchronous Machines. IEEE 1996
- Sudhoff S. D. Aliprantis D. C. Kuhn B. T. Chapman P. L. “An Induction Machine Model for Predicting Inverter-Machine Interaction.” IEEE Trans. Energy Conv. 17 2 203 210 June 2002
- Pekarek S. et al. “A hardware power electronic-based distribution and propulsion testbed.” Sixth IASTED International Multiconference on Power and Energy Systems May 12–15 2002 Marina del Rey California, USA