This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
2000 HP Tractor-Trailer for the 21st Century
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 18, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the conceptual design of a high-power, high-speed tractor-trailer for severe duty applications. Design of the tractor-trailer introduces several new concepts, including the general vehicle architecture, a new electrical transmission system and a new electric tandem axle. The vehicle architecture consists of a low drag cab concept with a fully integrated turbo-generator power source, an exhaust gas electric decontamination system and auxiliaries.
The electric transmission introduces a new combination of electrical machines and power electronics designed to perform under maximum load with minimum dimension, weight and price. The electric tandem axle is a new concept of an all-wheel steering independent suspension with virtual electromagnetic differential.
CitationCantemir, C., Hubert, C., Rizzoni, G., and Ursescu, G., "2000 HP Tractor-Trailer for the 21st Century," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-3141, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-3141.
SAE 2002 Transactions Journal of Commercial Vehicles
Number: V111-2; Published: 2003-09-15
Number: V111-2; Published: 2003-09-15
- Technology Roadmap for the 21 st Century Truck Program Dec 2000 US Dept. of Energy 5 May 2002 http://www.osti.gov/bridge
- Ambros, T. Campeanu, A. Iazlovetchi, L. “Mathematics model of asynchronous generator-redresser,” Sielmen 2001 Conference 1 4-6 Oct. 2001 Kisinew, Moldavia
- Urashima K. Chang J. Ito T. “Reduction of NO x from combustion flue gases by superimposed barrier discharge plasma reactors” IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications 33 4 879 886 Jul Aug 1997
- Penetrante B. Hsiao M. Merritt B. Vogtlin G. “Fundamental limits on NO x reduction by plasma” Interntl. Spring Fuels and Lubricants Mtg., SAE 971715 May 1997
- Hoard J. Balmer M. “Analysis of plasma-catalysis for diesel NO x remediation,” Interntl. Fall Fuels and Lubricants Mtg. and Expo., SAE 982429 Oct. 1998
- McLarnon C. Penetrante B. “Effect of reactor design on the plasma treatment of NO x ,” SAE 982434 1998
- Penetrante B. Brusasco R. Merritt B. Pitz W. Vogtlin G. Kung M. Kung H. Wan C. Voss K. “Plasma assisted catalytic reduction of NO x ,” SAE 982508 1998
- Bittenson S. Becker F. “Direct chemical reduction of NO x in diesel exhaust,” Interntl. Fall Fuels and Lubricants Mtg. and Expo., SAE 982515 Oct. 1998
- Puchkarev V. Roth G. Gundersen M. “Plasma processing of diesel exhaust by pulsed corona discharge,” Interntl. Fall Fuels and Lubricants Mtg. and Expo., SAE 982516 Oct. 1998
- Takaki K. Muaffaq T. Jani A. Fujiwara T. “Oxidation and reduction of NOx in diesel-engine exhaust by dielectric barrier discharge,” 12 th IEEE International Pulsed Power Conference 2 1480 1483 1999
- Penetrante B. Brusasco R. Merritt B. Vogtlin G. “Sulfur tolerance of selective partial oxidation of NO to NO 2 in a plasma,” SAE 1999-01-3687 1999
- Balmer M. Tonkyn R. Maupin G. Yoon S. Kolwaite A. Barlow S. Domingo N. Storey J. Hoard J. Howden K. “Non-thermal plasma system development for CIDI exhaust aftertreatment,” 2000 FutureCar Congress, SAE 2000-01-1601 April 2000
- Higashi M. Uchida S. Suzuki N. Fujii K. “Soot elimination and NO x and SO x reduction in diesel-engine exhaust by a combination of discharge plasma and oil dynamics,” IEEE Trans. on Plasma Science 20 1 Feb 1992
- Lepperhoff G. Hentschel K. Wolters P. Neff W. Pochner K. Trompeter F.-J. “Lean-combustion spark-ignition engine exhaust aftertreatment using non-thermal plasma,” Interntl. Fall Fuels and Lubricants Mtg. and Expo., SAE 982512 Oct. 1998
- Singh G. Graves R. Storey J. Partridge W. Thomas J. Penetrante B. Brusasco R. Merritt B. Vogtlin G. Aardahl C. Habeger C. Balmer M. “Emission control research to enable fuel efficiency: department of energy heavy vehicle technologies,” Government/Industry Meeting, SAE 2000-01-2198 June 2000
- Herling D. Smith M. Baskaran S. Kupe J. “Application of non-thermal plasma assisted catalyst technology for diesel emission reduction,” 2000 Future Transportation Technology Conference, SAE 2000-01-3088 Aug. 2000
- Rajanikanth B. Ravi B. “Pulsed electrical discharges assisted by dielectric pellets/catalysts for diesel engine exhaust treatment,” IEEE Trans. on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation 9 4 616 626 Aug. 2002
- Promotor Elin A new series of threephase asynchronous motors with squirrel-cage rotor for high voltage “surface cooled,” Technical Catalog, MH 23 1993
- IEC 34-18-1 Functional evaluation of insulation systems for rotating electric machines 1992