This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Integrated Analysis of Thermal/Structural/Optical Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 15, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Productivity bottlenecks for integrated thermal, structural, and optical design activities were identified and systematically eliminated, making possible automated exchange of design information between different engineering specialties.
The problems with prior approaches are summarized, then the implementation of the corresponding solutions is documented. Although the goal of this project was the automated evaluation of coupled thermal/optical/structural designs, significant process improvements were achieved for subset activities such as stand-alone thermal, thermal/ structural, and structural/optical design analysis.
CitationCullimore, B., Panczak, T., Baumann, J., Genberg, V. et al., "Integrated Analysis of Thermal/Structural/Optical Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2444, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-2444.
- Cullimore B. et al “Automated Multidisciplinary Optimization of a Space-based Telescope,” SAE 2002-01-2445 July 2002
- Panczak T. et al “A CAD-based Tool for FDM and FEM Radiation and Conductor Modeling,” SAE 981577 International Conference on Environmental Systems (ICES) July 1998
- Panczak T. et al “Integrating Thermal and Structural Analysis with Thermal Desktop,” SAE 1999-01-2126 ICES July 1999
- Cullimore B. “Optimization, Data Correlation, and Parametric Analysis Features in SINDA/FLUINT Version 4.0,” SAE 981574 , ICES July 1998
- Cullimore B. “Nonlinear Programming Applied to Thermal and Fluid Design Optimization,” ECTC/ITHERM May 2002
- Baumann J. et al “Nonlinear Programming Applied to Calibrating Thermal and Fluid Models to Test Data,” SEMI-THERM March 2002
- Cullimore B. “Dealing with Uncertainties and Variations in Thermal Design” IPACK2001-15516 Inter-Pack ′01 Proceedings July 2001