This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Key Items in Tire Non-Steady State Test
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Body Engineering Conference & Exhibition and Automotive & Transportation Technology Congress
In the paper, the Flat Plank Tire Tester of Changchun Automobile Institute is introduced. This paper, according to practical experiences, generalizes some issues in the tire's non-steady state test.
In the non-steady state test, it must be assured that the footprint centerline of tire coincides with that of slid platform, which guarantees no sliding motion between tire and slid platform during the movement. Due to tire taper effect and inhomogeneous tire material, when its side slip angle is zero, side force and aligning torque are not zeros, but have initial values. Here two approaches are discussed to eliminate the side force and aligning torque. Besides, other factors in the test are put forward for discussion. Eliminating the interference can obviously improve the test accuracy. This paper also provides test curves of both pure side slip angle input and pure yaw angle input. The test result shows that removing the interference factors in tire test can obviously improve its test precision.
CitationHou, Y., Sun, Y., Yu, Z., and Guo, K., "Key Items in Tire Non-Steady State Test," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2231, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-2231.
- Guo Konghui Liu Yunbo Yangyang R&D of tire experimental technology and its application prospect in research for Auto performance Automotive Engineering 1 1990
- Liu Qing Guo Konghui Zhu Hongwei Zhang Baojun Experiment analysis and design of tire non-steady state side slip properties Transaction of Jilin University of Technology 28 1 1998
- Zhang Baojun Guo Konghui Liu Qing Hou Yongping Experiment design of tire side slip properties under time-varying loading Transaction of Agriculture Engineering 14 1 1998
- Liu Qing Analysis, modeling and simulation of side slip properties of tire non-steady state Doctorial Dissertation Changcun Jilin University of Technology Mar 1996
- Hou Yongping A Study of non-steady state non-linear tire properties and its semi-empirical model Doctorial Dissertation Changcun Jilin University of Technology April 1999