This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Propagation of the Error in the Estimate of the Speed of Circulation of a Vehicle for Lost of Kinetic Energy
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Body Engineering Conference & Exhibition and Automotive & Transportation Technology Congress
In the investigation of a catastrophe it is important the determination of the speeds of the units interveners. Therefore, generally, the reconstruction of sinister are made from a model based in the variables values measured in the sinister scene. In this work, the influence of uncertainties involved in restrained distances is investigated and the choice of a friction coefficient value, μ, is made to determinate the circulation velocity. As a conclusion, the uncertainties cause an important error propagation, which increases with decreasing values of μ, making the situation more critical when the estimated velocity value is around 11,11m/sec or (24,85mph), which has a critical understanding at the judicial area, for our regulation of the traffic (in Argentina).
|Technical Paper||Vehicular Deceleration and Its Relationship to Friction|
|Technical Paper||Vehicle Diagnostics - Are You Ready for the Challenge?|
|Technical Paper||Design Trends of Instrument Clusters for Emerging Markets|
CitationEnciso, G. and Custidiano, E., "Propagation of the Error in the Estimate of the Speed of Circulation of a Vehicle for Lost of Kinetic Energy," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2230, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-2230.
- Brees Yardley “Introducción a la teoría de Errores” 1975
- García Franco A. “Curso Interactivo de Física en Internet” www.sc.schu.es/sbweb/fisica/defaut.htm
- Galloni José F. “Trabajos Prácticos de Física” CECSA México 1982
- López Urquía J. “Estadística” JUVENTUD Barcelona 1948
- Mandel Jhon “The Statistical Análisis of Experimental Data” 1999
- Reed Walter S. Taner Keskin A. “Vehicular Deceleration and its Relationship to friction” SAE 890736 February 1989
- Sixto Rios “Introducción a los Métodos Estadísticos” MADRID 1957
- Sears Francis W. Zemansky Mark W. Young Hugh D. “Física Universitaria” ADDISON - WESLEY IBEROAMERICANA 1988
- Toranzos Fauto I. “Teoría Estadística y Aplicaciones” CAPELUZ 1971