This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Software Base Modeling of Anti-Roll System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Body Engineering Conference & Exhibition and Automotive & Transportation Technology Congress
This paper focuses on design and modeling of anti-roll system for a subcompact passenger car. The system consists of Hydraulic Assisted torsion bars on car suspensions, a hydraulic power unit, and controls. A 158 degrees of freedom model of the car basic dynamics is made in ADAMS software. A bond graph model of the hydraulic anti roll system is contracted and its state equations are entered into MATLAB/Simulink. The two software are linked and a complete model is made for study and controller design. This paper introduces the method as a useful tool for vehicle dynamics studies and discusses the problems and advantages of the method.
|Technical Paper||A Simulation Graphical User Interface for Vehicle Dynamics Models|
|Technical Paper||Parameter Determination and Vehicle Dynamics Modeling for the NADS of the 1998 Chevrolet Malibu|
CitationDurali, M. and Kassaiezadeh, A., "Design and Software Base Modeling of Anti-Roll System," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2217, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-2217.
- Li, Y. T., Meiry, J. L., and Roseler, W. G., “An Active Roll Mode Suspension for Ground Vehicles”, ASME Journal of Basic Engineering, VOL. 90, PP 167-174, 1968.
- Darling, J., Dorey, R. E. and Ross, Martin, T. J., “A Low Cost Active Anti-Roll Suspension for Passenger Cars”, ASME Journal of Dynamics Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol. 114, PP 599-605, Dec. 1992.
- Sharp, R. S., Pan, D., “On Active Roll Control For Automobile”, Proc. Of 12th IAVSD-Symposium, Lyon, France, pp.566-583, Aug. 1991.
- Cech, I., “A Full Car Roll Model of a Vehicle With Controlled Suspension”, J. of Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 23,pp.467-489, 1994.
- Rosam, N. and Darling, J., “Development and Simulation of a Novel Roll Control System for the Interconnected Hydragas Suspension”, J. of Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 27, PP 1-18, 1997.
- Darling, J., Hickson, L. R., “An Experimental Study of a Prototype Active Anti Roll Suspension System, J of Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol.29, PP 309-329, 1998.
- Watanebe, Y. and Sharp, R. S., “Mechanical and Control Design of a Variable Geometry Active Suspension System”, J. of Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 23, No.2-3, Aug. 1999.
- Cech, I., “Anti-Roll and Active Roll Suspensions”, J of Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 33, No.2, PP 91-106, 2000.
- Using ADAMS/CAR, M.D.I., (Mechanical Dynamics Incorporated), 2000.
- Durali, M. and Kassaiezadeh A. R., “A Neural Network Approximation of Nonlinear Car Model Using ADAMS Simulation Result”, SAE-ATT Conf., Barcelona, Spain, SAE Paper 2001-01-3324, PP 371-378, Oct. 2001.
- Rosenberg, R. and Karnopp, D. C., “Introduction To Physical System Dynamics, McGraw Hill Book Company, 1983.