This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Tri-Mode Hybrid SBW AWS Diversion Mechatronic Control for Future Automotive Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Body Engineering Conference & Exhibition and Automotive & Transportation Technology Congress
An automotive vehicle steering is achieved not only by means of hand steering wheel (SW) but also by varying actual valued of the angular velocity and sense of rotation of all the electromechanical/mechanoelectrical (E-M/M-E) steered, motorized and/or generatorized wheels (SM&GW) for all-wheel driven (AWD) × all-wheel steered (AWS) automotive vehicles. The betterment tri-mode hybrid steer-by-wire (SBW) AWS diversion automotive high-tech has made significant progress during the 1990s. An evolutionary factor behind this has been the increasing requirements or an active safety as well as ride comfort and handling (RC&H) of automotive vehicles. A major contribution to this progress is the introduction and fast growing application rate of electrically powered and mechatronically controlled rack-and-pinion (R&P) steering gears.
CitationFijalkowski, B., "Tri-Mode Hybrid SBW AWS Diversion Mechatronic Control for Future Automotive Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2213, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-2213.
- Fijalkowski, B. Mechatronically fuzzy-logic controlled full-time 4WA-4WC-4WD-4WS intelligent motor-vehicle Proc. 24 th International Symposium on Automotive Technology and Automation, Conference on Mechatronics, Paper 911238 1991 101 108
- Fijalkowski, B. Krosnicki J. Smart electromechanical conversion actuators for intelligent road vehicles: Application to front- and/or rear-wheel rack-and-pinion steering gears 16 25 Road Vehicle Automation Nwagboso Christopher O. PENTECH PRESS Publishers London 1993 307
- Fijalkowski, B. The concept of a high performance all-round energy efficient mechatronically-controlled tri-mode supercar Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers 5 1 1995 93 107
- Fijalkowski, B. Intelligent automotive systems: Development in full-time chassis motion spheres for intelligent vehicles 125 142 Advanced Vehicle and Infrastructure Sys-tems: Computer Applications, Control, and Automation Nwagboso Christopher O. John Wiley & Sons Chichester / New York / Weinheim / Brisbane / Singapore / Toronto 1997 502
- Fijalkowski, B. Prime mover for hybrid electric propulsion systems Proc. IEEE Workshop on Power Electronics in Transportation Dearborn, MI, USA October 23-24 1998 102 112
- Fijalkowski, B. Mechatronically controlled tri-mode hybrid AWS SBW diversion control system for off-road vehicles Proc. 13 th International Conference of the ISTVS (International Society for Terrain-Vehicle Systems) II 1999 471 478
- Remond, B. Dual steering for wheeled vehicle Proc. 4 th International AECV Conference, Paper 21 6