This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Fuzzy and Neuro-Fuzzy Controller for Active Suspension
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Body Engineering Conference & Exhibition and Automotive & Transportation Technology Congress
Design of a fuzzy controller for active suspension of a compact car is the topic of this article. The car dynamic model used for this purpose is very large and completely nonlinear. A large part of this model namely the car basic dynamics is constructed in ADAMS software which in excess of considering the components in their real working conditions, it includes parameters such as flexibility of parts and joints. The hydraulic system of the active suspension system is modeled in Matlab and the two softwares are linked to form the complete car model. Using control methods on the basis of neural network and fuzzy logic, a controller is designed that can eliminate roll over of the car in sever driving conditions.
CitationDurali, M. and Kassaiezadeh, A., "Fuzzy and Neuro-Fuzzy Controller for Active Suspension," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2204, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-2204.
- Yoon K. H. San Y. “Neuro-Controlled Active Suspension with Preview for Ride Comfort” SAE Transaction Paper, No. 931969 1993
- Sharp R. S. Pan D. “On Active Roll Control For Automobile” Proc. Of 12th IAVSD-Symposium Lyon, France 566 583 Aug. 1991
- Hwang S. M. Park Y. “Active Roll Moment Distribution Based on Predictive Control” Int. J. of Vehicle Design 16 1 15 28 1995
- Barbieri N. “The Optimal Active Suspension Systems for an Off Road Vehicle” Int. J. of Vehicle Design 16 2/3 219 228 1995
- Yoshima T. “A Semi-Active Suspension of Passenger Cars Using Fuzzy Reasoning and the Field Testing” Int. J. of Vehicle Design 19 2 150 166 1998
- Watanebe Y. Sharp R. S. “Mechanical and Control Design of a Variable Geometry Active Suspension System” Vehicle System Dynamics 23 2/3 August 1999
- Durali M. Kasaeizadeh A. R. “A Neural Network Approximation of Nonlinear Car Model Using ADAMS Simulation Result” SAE-ATT Conf., SAE Paper 2001-01-3324 Barcelona, Spain Oct. 2001
- Demuth H. Beath M. “Neural Network Toolbox for use with Matlab”, Ver.4.0 Mathworks Inc. 2000
- “Fuzzy Toolbox for use with Matlab”, Ver.2.0 Mathworks Inc. 2000
- Jang J. S. R. Sun C. T. Mizutani E. “Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing; A Computational Approach to Learning and Machine Intelligence” Prentice & Hall Upper saddle River, NJ 1997
- Nauck D. Klawonn F. Kruse R. “Neuro-Fuzzy Systems” John Wiley & Sons Ltd. Lane, Chichester, West Sussex 1997