This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Influence of Throttle Control System in Vehicle-Driveline Dynamic and in Car Performance Perception
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Body Engineering Conference & Exhibition and Automotive & Transportation Technology Congress
The aim of this paper is to describe the development and the applications of a mathematical model for the vehicle driveline used to analyze the link between the performances car and vehicle driveability.
It's well known that the car driveability depends by the dynamic response of the driveline car, whereas the classic performances depend by the coupling between engine's steady characteristic (torque and power curves) and vehicle's proprieties (weight, rolling resistance, drag coefficient, etc.) carried out by tuning of suitable gear shift ratios.
The definition of the link between the driveability and the performances represents a very hard problem because it exceeds the limits in the field of the subjective perception, where the two aspects are themselves overlapped.
To describe in analytical way this problem it's been introduced a new metric, where it's possible to evaluate at the same time the vehicle driveability and car performances. The new metric coordinates are parameters which can identify in synthetic way the trade off between the drive comfort and the performance requirements.
The analytical model developed has been validated by comparing before the predicted and the measured longitudinal vehicle acceleration (detail behavior) and after, the predicted and the measured metric point (global behavior).
Both results show a good agreement between predictions and tests.
It's been made, also, a sensitivity analysis, for the more relevant car driveline parameters to carry out trends. These latter could be used to support the design, in the car concept definition, or testing in diagnostic to explain some experimental results.
At last it's been analyzed the influence of the engine control strategies on the dynamic car response, which effects can be well described in the new metric.
Moreover this approach (the analytical model with the metric) could be used in the car concept definition, because it may tune the brand car characteristic with its market requirements.
|Technical Paper||Design of an Active Feel System for a Flight Simulator|
|Technical Paper||Vehicle Lane Change Automation with Active Steering - Theoretical Studies and Numerical Investigations|
|Technical Paper||Battery Simulation|
CitationDelogu, M. and Pilo, L., "Influence of Throttle Control System in Vehicle-Driveline Dynamic and in Car Performance Perception," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2157, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-2157.
SAE 2002 Transactions Journal of Passenger Cars - Electronic and Electrical Systems
Number: V111-7; Published: 2003-09-15
Number: V111-7; Published: 2003-09-15
- Capitani R. Delogu M. Pilo L. “Analysis of the influence of a vehicle's driveline dynamic behaviour regarding the performance perception at low frequencies” ATTCE-Automotive and Transportation Technology, Congress & Exhibition 1-4 October Barcelona 2001 247 255
- Capitani, R. Citti, P. Delogu, M. Pilo, L. “Experimental validation of a driveline numerical model for the study of vibrational comfort of a vehicle” Proceeding of the ISATA 2000 Conference Dublin (Ireland) 25-27 September 2000 521 530
- Menday, M. Rahnejat, H. “Spectral resolution of highly coupled non linear drivetrain elasto-acoustic vibration” Proceeding of the ISATA 2000 Conference Dublin (Ireland) 25-27 September 2000 495 503
- Hong, C.W. Lee, Y.C. “Dynamic Modeling and Experimental Verification of Road Vehicle Driving” Journal of Chinese Institute of Engineers 20 3 1997 303 314
- Hong, C.W. “Dynamic Simulation of Road Vehicle Performance Under Transient Accelerating Conditions” Journal of Automobile Engineering, Part D 1996 11 21
- Zegelaar, P.W.A. Pacejka, H.B. “The in Plane Dynamics of Tyres on Uneven Roads” Vehicle system dynamics, 14 th IAVSD Symposium of Vehicles on Roads and Tracks Ann Arbor, USA 21-25 August 1995 714 730
- Mancosu, F. Matrascia, G. Cheli, F. “Techniques for Determining the Parameters of a Two Dimensional Tyre Model for the Study of Comfort” 15° Annual Meeting of the Tyre Society University of Akron (Ohio) 19-20 March 1996 1 41