This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Quality, Manufacturing and Quality Education
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Body Engineering Conference & Exhibition and Automotive & Transportation Technology Congress
In recent years manufacturing and quality are not separate concepts. At first these concepts were thinking different step and process. In this world of tightening competition among manufacturer at a national and international level, the question of quality of important emerges as a serious issue. This concern is shared by all members of manufacturing and consumer. The manufacturing sector today, quality standards (ISO 9000) registration could become a requirement for any institute of standard wanting to do business in the international and/or national market-place. Therefore quality education and assurance are very important factors in higher education and engineering faculty. Quality is dynamic interaction and changeable. In the world of engineering education has been changing rapidly.
This study about quality of manufacture, standards and quality system in Turkey and Sakarya on the basis of engineering faculty with some questionnaires about industrial company.
CitationUzun, A., "Quality, Manufacturing and Quality Education," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2100, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-2100.
- John P. Quality Assurance in Education, Vol 7 Issue 2 Date 1999 ISSN 0968-4883 Educational accreditation through ISO 9000)
- Pugh, S., 1990, Total Design: Integrated Methods for Successful Product Engineering, Addition-Wesley.
- Arnold, K.L. (1994), the Manager's Guide to ISO9000, The Free Press, Macmillan, New York, NY.
- Freeman, R. (1993), Quality Assurance in Training and Education - How to Apply BS 5750 (ISO 9000) Standards}, Kogan Page, London.
- Storey, S. (1993), “Total Quality Management through BS 5750: a case study”, in Ellis, R. (Ed.), Quality Assurance for University Teaching, OUP, Buckingham.
- Wheelwright, S.C., Hayes, R.H., “Competing Through Manufacturing”, Harvard Business Review, 63, 1, 1985, 99-109.
- Phillips, L.W., Chang, D.R., Buzzell, R.D., “Product Quality, Cost Position and Business Performance: A Test of Some Key Hypotheses”, Journal of Marketing, 47, 2, 1983, 26-43.
- Maskill, B.H., Performance Measurement for World Class Manufacturing: A Model for American Companies, Productivity Press, Cambridge, MA, 1991.
- Ishikawa, K., 1985, What is Total Quality Control? The Japanese Way, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.