This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Method of Fatigue Life Estimation for Spot Welded Structures
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Body Engineering Conference & Exhibition and Automotive & Transportation Technology Congress
In this paper, a new theory to obtain the nominal structural stress to the cross tension and the bending moment is described and, the method of the fatigue life estimation for the spot welding structure is proposed using this theory. Proposed method can do away with D value decision problem that is the current problem in D.Radaj's method for fatigue life estimation. Moreover, a nominal structural stress that is the fatigue strength evaluation parameter can be estimated in accuracy good, because the deformation around the nugget to which it pays attention in the spot welding structure is introduced into the analysis.
|Technical Paper||A Robust Structural Stress Procedure for Characterizing Fatigue Behavior of Welded Joints|
|Technical Paper||A Strain Gauge Method for Spot Weld Testing|
CitationSawamura, T., Tomioka, N., Matsumoto, T., and Okabe, A., "Method of Fatigue Life Estimation for Spot Welded Structures," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2027, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-2027.
- Radaj D. 1990 “Design and Analysis of Fatigue Resistant Welded Structures” Abington Publishing 378
- Nakahara Y. Tomioka N. and others 2000 “Outline of Working-group Activity and Theoretical Solutions on Fatigue life Estimation for Spot-welded structure” JSAE Symposium No.06-00, “New proposals for Evaluation of Fatigue Durability of Automotive Body Structures” 5 12
- Takahashi M. Tomioka N. and others 2000 “Method of fatigue Life Estimation for Spot-Welded Structures by using CAE” JSAE Symposium No.06-00, “New proposal for Evaluation of Fatigue Durability of Automotive Body Structures” 19 25
- Committee on Fatigue Strength & Structural Reliability 1987 Spot welding fatigue strength data JSAE 185
- Nakahara Y. Takahashi M. Kawamoto A. Fujimoto M. Tomioka N. 2000 “Method of Fatigue Life Estimation for Spot-Welded Structures” SAE Paper 2000-01-0779