This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of EGR Cyclic Variations in a Direct Injection Gasoline Engine by Using Raman Scattering Method
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 06, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Raman scattering method has been developed for the simultaneous, cycle by cycle measurement of HC, O2, H2O, and N2 in a direct injection gasoline engine with EGR. By using the Raman scattering method, the effect of EGR on stratified charge combustion can be investigated in a direct injection SI gasoline engine. The results show that (1) at the compression stroke homogeneous EGR gas exists, (2) variation of component mass fraction of EGR (qualitative fluctuation) introduced in the previous combustion cycle is the primary reason for EGR fluctuation, (3) under normal operating conditions, EGR fluctuation (component mass fraction and quantitative fluctuation) doesn't influence on the combustion fluctuation at the stratified charge operation.
CitationMori, S. and Shimizu, R., "Analysis of EGR Cyclic Variations in a Direct Injection Gasoline Engine by Using Raman Scattering Method," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1646, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1646.
- Koike, M. Saito, A. Tomoda, T. Yamamoto, Y. “Research and Development of a New Direct Injection Gasoline Engine” SAE paper 2000-01-0530 2000
- Kanda, M. Baika, T. Kato, S. Iwamura, M. Koike, M. Saito, A. “Application of a New Combustion Concept to Direct Injection Gasoline Engine” SAE paper 2000-01-0531 2000
- Shimizu, R. Matumoto, S. Furuno, S. Murayama, M. Kojima, S. “Measurement of Air-Fuel Mixture Distribution in a Gasoline Engine using LIEF Technique” SAE paper 922356 1992
- Egermann, J. Koebcke, W. Ipp, W. Leipertz, A. “Investigation of the Mixture Formation Inside A Gasoline Direct Injection Engine by Means of Linear Raman Spectroscopy” Proceedings of the Combustion Institute 28 1145 1152 2000
- Suzuki, H. et al. “A Study for Air Flow and Mixture Formation of a Direct Injection SI Gasoline Engine by PIV and LIF techniques” Transaction of JSAE 11 2001
- Hinze, P.,C. Miles, P.,C. “Quantitative Measurements of Residual and Fresh Charge Mixing in a Modern SI Engine Using Spontaneous Raman Scattering” SAE paper 1999-01-1106 1999
- Schutte, M. Finke, H. Grunefeld, G. Kruger, S. Andresen, P. Steibels, B. Block, B. Meyer, H. Hentschel, W. “Spatially Resolved Air-Fuel Ratio and Residual Gas Measurements by Spontaneous Raman Scattering in a Firing Direct Injection Gasoline Engine” SAE paper 2000-01-1795 2000
- Brockhinke, A. Andresen, P. Kohse-Hoinghaus, K. “Quantitative one-dimensional single-pulse multi-species concentration and temperature measurement in the lift-off region of a turbulent H2/air diffusion flame” Applied Physics B B61 533 545 1995
- Mansour, M.,S. Chen, Y-C. “Line Raman, Rayleigh, and laser-induced predissociation fluorescence technique for combustion with a tunable KrF excimer laser” Applied Optics 35 21 4252 4260 1996
- Nandula, S.,P. Brown, T.,M. Pitz, R.,W. DeBarber, P.,A. “Single-pulse, simultaneous multipoint multispecies Raman measurements in turbulent nonpremixed jet flames” Optics Letters 19 6 1994