This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation Tools and Evaluation Criteria for Steering Wheel Feel Improvement of an Electric Power Steering System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 07, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Centro Ricerche Fiat in collaboration with Fiat Auto vehicle test department has developed a numerical-experimental procedure in order to support on-road development and fine tuning of a new car with electric power steering. The integration of an electric power steering model, given by the supplier, in a full vehicle model, in order to evaluate steering feel objective quality indices, has allowed to improve vehicle performance in term of steering feel and reduce on-road development time.
CitationCamuffo, I., Caviasso, G., Pascali, L., Pesce, M. et al., "Simulation Tools and Evaluation Criteria for Steering Wheel Feel Improvement of an Electric Power Steering System," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1593, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1593.
- Norman, K.D. ‘Objective Evaluation of On-centre Handling performance’ SAE Paper 840069
- Baxter, J. ‘Analysis of Stiffness and Feel for a Power-Assisted Rack and Pinion Steering Gear’ SAE Paper 880706
- Jaksch, F.O. ‘Driver-Vehicle Interaction with Respect to Steering Controllability’ SAE Paper 790740
- Farrer. D.G. ‘An Objective Measurement Technique for the Quantification of on-Center Handling Quality’ SAE Paper 930827
- Adams, F.J. ‘Power Steering Road Feel’ SAE Paper 830998
- Post, J.W. Law, E.H. ‘Procedure for the Characterization of Friction in Automobile Power Steering Systems’ SAE Paper 960933
- Data S. C. Frigerio F. Objective evaluation of handling quality Proc. Instn Mech Engr Vol 216 Part D: J automobile Engineering 2002
- ISO 7401 Road Vehicles - Lateral transient response test method
- Willumeit H. P. et al. The “Handwriting” of steering R1911 Fisita 1996
- Krief P. Data S. C. Camuffo I. Vehicle lateral dynamics analysis in frequency domain: the car as a linear system Proceedings of ATA Congress in Florence 1999