This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Fuzzy Based Stability Enhancement System for a Four-Motor-Wheel Electric Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 07, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The stability of a four motor-wheel drive electric vehicle is improved by independent control of wheel torques. An innovative Fuzzy Direct Yaw Control method together with a novel wheel slip controller is used to enhance the vehicle stability and safety. Also a new speed estimator is presented in this paper, which is used for slip estimation. The intrinsic robustness of fuzzy controllers allows the system to operate in different road conditions successfully. Moreover, the ease to implement fuzzy controllers gives a practical solution for vehicle stability enhancement.
|Technical Paper||Analysis of Vehicle Speed Measurement Using Magnetic Loops|
|Technical Paper||Vehicle Speed Prediction for Driver Assistance Systems|
|Technical Paper||Model Based Yaw Rate Estimation of Electric Vehicle with 4 in-Wheel Motors|
CitationTahami, F., Kazemi, R., Farhanghi, S., and Samadi, B., "Fuzzy Based Stability Enhancement System for a Four-Motor-Wheel Electric Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1588, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1588.
- Yoshioka T. et al “Application of Sliding-mode Control to Control Vehicle Stability,” in proc AVEC′98 1998
- Motoyama S. et al “Quantitive Evaluation for Yaw Control Ability,” in proc. AVEC′98 1998
- Halvaei A. Kazemi R. Farhanghi S. “Yaw Moment Control of a Two-Wheel-Drive EV, Part I: Vehicle yaw moment control using Fuzzy Logic (in Persian),” 8th Iranian Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering Isfahan, Iran 2000
- Tahami F. Farhanghi S. Kazemi R. “Stability Enhancement of a Two-Motor-Drive Electric Vehicle Using Fuzzy Logic (in Persian),” 1st Iranian Conference on hybrid and electric vehicles Tehran July 2001
- Bakker E. Pacejka H. B. Lidne L. “A New Tire Model with an Application in Vehicle Dynamics Studies,” SAE transactions: Journal of passenger cars 98 451 439 1989
- Gillespie T. “Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics,” Society of Automotive Engineers 1992