This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Parameter Estimation of Vehicle Handling Model Using Genetic Algorithm
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 07, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper implements a derivative free optimization method called ‘Genetic Algorithm’ to estimate the parameters of a four wheel three degrees of freedom vehicle handling model. At first the model is developed containing a non-linear tire model called ‘Fiala’. Then an error function is defined and ‘Genetic Algorithm’ optimization method is introduced and applied to minimize the error, Finally verification of parameter estimation is checked.
CitationBolhasani, M. and Azadi, S., "Parameter Estimation of Vehicle Handling Model Using Genetic Algorithm," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1577, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1577.
- Bolzern, P. Cheli, F. Falciola, G. Resta, F. “Estimation of the Non-Linear Suspension Tire Cornering Forces from Experimental Road Test Data” Vehicle System Dynamics 31 1 23 34 1999
- Gillespie, T.D. Fundamental of Vehicle Dynamics Warrendale, PA Society of Automotive Engineering, Inc. 1992
- Goldberg, D.E. Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning NewYork Addison-Wesley 1989
- Haque, I. Schuller, J. “Fourier Series-Based Neural Network for Vehicle System Identification” Innovation in Vehicle Design and Development 101 35 43 1999
- Holland, J. Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems Ann Arbor The University of Michigan Press 1975
- Huang, F. Chen, J.R. Tsai, L.W. “The Use of Random Steer Test Data for Vehicle Parameter Estimation” SAE Paper no. 930830
- Jang, J-S. R. Sun, C.T. Mizutani, E. Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing Printice Hall 1997
- Using Adams /Tire Mechanical Dynamics Incorporation 2000
- Will, A.B. Zak, S.H. ‘Modelling and Control of an automated Vehicle’ Vehicle System Dynamics 27 3 131 155 1997
- Wohler, A. Jurgensohn, T. Willumeit, H.P. “Identification of System Parameters of Simulation Models for Driving Control Systems” SAE Paper no. 945070