This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
ELASIS SIMUOVE (Simulator of Vehicle) A Vehicle Dynamic Model Oriented to Chassis Control Systems Synthesis and Verification
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 07, 2002 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
To evaluate the handling behaviour of the vehicle in the normal-driving and limit manoeuvres, under a variety of road conditions (dry, wet, μ-split, etc.), a dynamic model that can be effectively integrated with chassis control systems' algorithms like anti-skid devices, vehicle dynamic control, active suspensions, servo-assisted steering and braking, would be very useful.
A modular, flexible, 15 degrees of freedom (DOF) model of the vehicle dynamics, implemented in Simulink, is presented here. It can be used “stand-alone” for vehicle handling performance prediction; integrated with control system algorithms, for their synthesis and offline pre-calibration; in “Hardware-in-the-loop” configurations, for testing control and diagnosis algorithms functionality.
The model uses the Pacejka Magic Formulae for tyre modelisation and a Lagrangian approach for chassis, corners and powertrain dynamics. Suspensions' kinematics and compliance effects are reproduced through a functional approach, so that either experimental data can be imported directly from a full-vehicle test bench, or look-up tables can be derived from suspension requirements.
The model has been used for simulating several “open-loop” handling manoeuvres, including roll-over tests, with wind and road gradient influences. A good correlation with experimental data has been observed.
|Technical Paper||A Low Cost PC Based Driving Simulator for Prototyping and Hardware-In-The-Loop Applications|
|Technical Paper||A Simulation System for Vehicle Dynamics Control|
|Technical Paper||Requirements for Vehicle Dynamics Simulation Models|
CitationScala, S., Tenneriello, L., Amoroso, D., and Toro, C., "ELASIS SIMUOVE (Simulator of Vehicle) A Vehicle Dynamic Model Oriented to Chassis Control Systems Synthesis and Verification," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1575, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1575.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Milliken Milliken “Race Car Vehicle Dynamics” SAE Intl 1995
- Gillespie “Fundamentals of vehicle dynamics” SAE Intl 1992
- Kiencke Nielsen “Automotive Control Systems” Springer-Verlag
- Guido Della Pietra “Lezioni di meccanica delle macchine” Ed. CUEN 1993
- Mencuccini Silvestrini “Fisica I Meccanica - Termodinamica” Ed. Liguori 1996
- “MF-Tyre User Manual Verion 5.0 (July 1996)”
- Allen Rosenthal Chrstos “A vehicle dynamics tire model for both pavement and off-road conditions” SAE 970559
- Allen Rosenthal Klyde Chrstos “Vehicle and tire modeling for dynamic analysis and real time simulation ” SAE 2000-01-1620
- Demerly Youcef-Toumi “Non-linear analysis of Vehicle dynamics (NAVDyn): A reduced order model for vehicle handling analysis” SAE 2000-01-1621
- http://188.8.131.52/eng/laboratori/ed-lab-ed21-knc.htm http://www.elasis.com
- Ward Hanke Bertram Hiller Bardini “A generic suspension model for middle class passenger vehicles” SAE 2001-01-1280