This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Chrome - Free Conversion Coating for in Service Repair of Aircraft Components
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents data on an environmentally acceptable, chrome – free and easily applied conversion coating with the same level of coating adhesion and secondary corrosion resistance as the hexavalent chromium based products. Test data from military and independent testing laboratories will be presented on coating adhesion, electrical conduction, filiform and neutral salt spray characteristics of the conversion coating in direct comparison to standard chrome – chromate conversion coating systems on; “6060-T6”, “7075-T6”, and “2024 – T3” aircraft alloys.
CitationBibber, J., "Chrome - Free Conversion Coating for in Service Repair of Aircraft Components," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1524, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1524.
- Definitions Committee Federation of Societies for Coating Technology Philadelphia 1978 177
- Wernick S. Pinner R. “The Surface Treatment and Finishing of Aluminum and its Alloys” ASM International Metals Park, Ohio 1987 264
- Danilidis I. Hunter J. Scamans G.M. Sykes J.M. University of Oxford OX13PH, England Alcan International Limited Banbury, Oxon, OX1675, England 1998
- Spadafora, Stephen, J. “Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division Warminster” Warminister, PA. Report # NADC-92077-60
- Bibber, John. “Corrosion - 99” Paper # 491 NACE International Houston, TX
- Jang Elwin Meininger John. “Environmental Compliant Chemical Conversion Coating” AF Contract: FO 4699-98-D-0004, 1 AR
- “Drinking Water System Components, Component Materials and Treatment Additives in Accordance with ANSI/NSF 60 and 61” Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. 1997
- Spring S. “Industrial Cleaning” Prism Press Melbourne 1974 20
- Spring S. “Industrial Cleaning” Prism Press Melbourne 1974 145
- Amchem Products, Inc. British Patent # 1,368,230 1974
- United States Patent # 4,883,541
- Definitions committee “Federation of Societies for Coating Technology” Philadelphia, PA 1978 177