This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Increasing Market Share: Leading Edge Products Using Electronics and Hydraulics
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 19, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Electronics is allowing your competitors to create cost Electronics is allowing your competitors to create cost effective, leading edge products that are having a direct positive effect on profits- even in the current downturn market. There is no question that electronic controlled hydraulics has arrived. The only question is “are you going to allow your competitor to reduce your market share of higher profit machines.” This presentation will quickly take you through the electrohydraulic markets of yesteryear, what is happening today, and what is coming in the next three to five years.
Many systems integrating hydraulics and electronics will deliver significantly more productivity than needed to offset the cost of adding electronics. In addition, the additional safety, reliability, ease of reporting machine conditions, and troubleshooting capabilities today's operators and machine owners are demanding, can only be met by electronics.
You will receive information on what electronics can do for you, what you should look for in your electronics supplier, and how to start an electronics project. A number of references will be listed for further information
CitationHeck, E., "Increasing Market Share: Leading Edge Products Using Electronics and Hydraulics," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1460, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1460.
- Large Scale Application of J-1939 CAN Heck Edward T. Kitzerow John Caravella Tony SAE publication 199-01-2840
- Keeping your Sanity When Using SAE J-1113 Heck Edward T. SAE publication 200-10-2611s
- How to Design Electronics for Hydraulics to Survive Y2000 Mobile Equipment Heck Edward T. NFPA publication
- Using J-1939 CAN Systems on Heavy Equipment with Electrohydraulics and Why Heck Edward T. NFPA publication
- Large-scale application of J1939 SAE Off-Highway Magazine June 2000
- Can continues onslaught into mobile hydraulics Hydraulics & Pneumatics Magazine February 2001
- Catching the bus Henke Russ Diesel Progress International Edition May-June 2001
- CAN System for Total Vehicle Control Diesel Progress North American Edition March 2000