This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Clamping System for 3-Dimensional Laser Welding
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 19, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A special clamping cell developed in the framework of the collaborative research center 368 at the Technical University of Aachen (RWTH) is able to clamp different workpieces in an absolutely autonomous way. In this paper an autonomous hydraulic clamping system for milling processes as well as a clamping system for 3-dimensional laser welding are presented. In particular a proportional throttle valve for several hydraulic cylinder developed for this clamping cell is introduced. The clamping system for the milling process is a completely autonomous hydraulic clamping system. All of the hydraulic as well as the electric components are integrated into this device. Further more a micro controller and a power supply are integrated into the clamping system as well. For the welding process the clamping system has to hold two sheet metal. Because of the 3-dimensional outline of the sheet metal, e.g. mudguards of a car, the clamping system has to be very flexible concerning different metal sheet outlines. A special proportional valve with a high number of ports is developed at the Institute of Fluid Power Transmission and Control (IFAS).
CitationBoldt, T. and Murrenhoff, H., "Clamping System for 3-Dimensional Laser Welding," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1434, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1434.
- SFB 368 Arbeits- und Ergebnisbericht des Sonderforschungsbereichs 368 Autonome Produktionszellen an der RWTH Aachen Aachen 1999
- Reuth Ralph Künzer Alexander Boldt Torsten Schmidt Ludger Luczak Holger Murrenhoff Hubertus Modellbasierte Gestaltung einer multimodalen Benutzungsschnittstelle zur Unterstützung von Greif- und Spannprozessen beim 3D-Laserschweißen 4 Berliner Werkstatt Mensch-Maschine-Systeme Berlin 2001
- Fischer M. Entwicklung miniatur-hydraulischer Komponenten und Systeme am Beispiel autarker Werkstück-Spannvorrichtungen. Dissertation IFAS Verlag Mainz, Aachen 1999
- Boldt T. Murrenhoff H. Autonomous Clamping System with Integrated Power Supply The Seventh Scandinavian International Conference on Fluid Power, SICFP'01 2001
- Murrenhoff H. Servohydraulik [Servo-hydraulics] Special publication for the lecture 1st 1998 RWTH Aachen